Erlend Magnus Lervik Coates
Background and activities
Member of NTNU COVID-19 Task Force:
PhD project: "Nonlinear Autopilot Design for Extended Flight Envelopes and Operation of Fixed-Wing UAVs in Extreme Conditions".
Funded through the Autofly project by the Research Council of Norway, and associated with NTNU AMOS and the AMOS UAV-lab.
Supervisors: Thor I. Fossen and Tor Arne Johansen.
Research assistant (vit. ass.) in the course TTK4215 - Adaptive Control since 2017. https://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/TTK4215
Current research interests:
- Unmanned aerial vehicles
- Optimal control and reinforcement learning
- Adaptive and learning control
- Attitude control
- Control of epidemiological models
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
Part of book/report
- (2019) Deep Reinforcement Learning Attitude Control of Fixed Wing UAVs Using Proximal Policy Optimization. 2019 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).
- (2019) Propulsion System Modeling for Small Fixed Wing UAVs. 2019 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).