Background and activities
I am a physicist, specialising in acoustics. I’ve touched on many topics in my research career, but my main focuses have been physical acoustics and computational physics.
I currently work as a post-doc at the Centre for Innovative Ultrasound Solutions. My topic is ultrasonic non-destructive testing in oil wells. Specifically, I am working on applying machine learning techniques to draw more information from the data measured by current ultrasonic logging methods.
I graduated as a PhD in 2014 from the acoustics group at the Department of Electronic Systems. My topic was sound propagation in lattice Boltzmann simulations. I am also the co-author of the Springer Graduate Texts in Physics textbook The lattice Boltzmann method: Principles and practice. At the end of 2017, it was highlighted by Springer as the fifth most downloaded Springer physics book published that year.
Please feel free to visit my personal web page!
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Subjective evaluation of a noise-reduced training target for deep neural network-based speech enhancement. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Audio, Speech, and Language Processing. vol. 27 (3).
- (2017) Subjective Intelligibility of Deep Neural Network-Based Speech Enhancement. Interspeech. vol. 2017-August.
- (2017) Subjective intelligibility of deep neural network-based speech enhancement. Proceedings of the International Conference on Spoken Language Processing. vol. 2017-August.
- (2017) Simulation and inversion of ultrasonic pitch-catch through-tubing well logging with an array of receivers. NDT & E international. vol. 85.
- (2016) Analysis of outer-casing echoes in simulations of ultrasonic pulse-echo through-tubing logging. Geophysics. vol. 81 (6).
- (2016) Simulation and modeling of ultrasonic pitch-catch through-tubing logging. Geophysics. vol. 81 (4).
- (2015) Development of an outdoor auralisation prototype with 3D sound reproduction. Proceedings of the International Conference on Digital Audio Effects.
- (2014) Acoustic equations of state for simple lattice Boltzmann velocity sets. Physical Review E. Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics. vol. 90:013310.
- (2013) Acoustic multipole sources for the lattice Boltzmann method. Physical Review E. Statistical, Nonlinear, and Soft Matter Physics. vol. 87 (2).
- (2013) Sound Propagation Properties of the Discrete-Velocity Boltzmann Equation. Communications in Computational Physics. vol. 13 (3).
- (2011) Viscously damped acoustic waves with the lattice Boltzmann method. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences. vol. 369 (1944).
- (2019) Proceedings of the 42nd Scandinavian Symposium on Physical Acoustics. 2019. ISBN 978-82-8123-019-4.
- (2016) The Lattice Boltzmann Method: Principles and Practice. Springer. 2016. ISBN 978-3-319-44647-9. Graduate Texts in Physics (.).
- (2016) Proceedings of the 39th Scandinavian Symposium on Physical Acoustics. 2016. ISBN 978-82-8123-016-3.
Part of book/report
- (2014) An investigation of the relationship between texture and tyre/road noise for different types of road surfaces and passenger car tyres. Proceedings of 43rd International Congress on Noise Control Engineering, Melbourne, Australia, November 16-19, 2014.
- (2013) Acoustic multipole sources from the Boltzmann equation. Proceedings of the 36th Scandinavian Symposium on Physical Acoustics.
- (2010) The Lattice Boltzmann Method in Acoustics. Proceedings of the 33rd Scandinavian Symposium on Physical Acoustics.
- (2014) The lattice Boltzmann method: Fundamentals and acoustics. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2014. ISBN 9788232600366.
- (2009) The lattice Boltzmann method with applications in acoustics. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2009.