Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Does politics matter? Explaining swings in wind power installations. AIMS Energy. vol. 5 (3).
- (2016) The political economy of sustainable energy transitions. Global Environmental Politics. vol. 16 (2).
- (2014) Can Japan’s feed-in tariff continue to promote growth in renewable energy?. East Asia Forum Quarterly.
- (2014) Assessing Stakeholder Adaptive Capacity to Salmon Aquaculture in Norway. Consilience - The Journal of Sustainable Development. vol. 11 (1).
- (2012) Structural Change, Vested Interests, and Scandinavian Energy Policy-Making : Why Wind Power Struggles in Norway and not in Denmark. The Open Renewable Energy Journal. vol. 5.
- (2012) Vested Interests, Energy Efficiency and Renewables in Japan. Energy Policy. vol. 40 (January).
- (2010) Energy, industry and politics: Energy, vested interests, and long-term economic growth and development. Energy. vol. 35 (4).
- (2009) Mancur Olson and Structural Economic Change: Vested Interests and the Industrial Rise and Fall of the Great Powers. Review of International Political Economy. vol. 16 (2).
- (2007) The Economic Rise and Fall of the Great Powers: Technological and Industrial Leadership since the Industrial Revolution. World Political Science Review. vol. 3 (2).
- (2004) An Interpretation of the Asian Financial Crisis: Innovation Systems and Economic Performance in a Period of Transformation. Asian Affairs: An American Review. vol. 30 (4).
- (2015) Renewable Energy Transformation or Fossil Fuel Backlash Vested Interests in the Political Economy. Palgrave Macmillan. 2015. ISBN 9781137298799.
- (2014) The Political Economy of Renewable Energy and Energy Security: Common Challenges and National Responses in Japan, China and Northern Europe. Palgrave Macmillan. 2014. ISBN 9781137338860.
- (2007) Governance, Growth and Global Leadership: The role of the state in technological progress, 1750-2000. Ashgate. 2007. ISBN 978-0-7546-5743-9.
Part of book/report
- (2016) Environmental Issues in Norway. Small States, Big Challenges: Norway and Slovenia in Comparative Perspective.
- (2015) Political Science in Norway. Political Science in Europe at the Beginning of the 21st Century.
- (2014) Enabling China's Low-Carbon Transition: The 12th Five-Year Plan and the Future Climate Regime. The Political Economy of Renewable Energy and Energy Security: Common Challenges and National Responses in Japan, China and Northern Europe.
- (2014) Vested Interests, Energy Policy and Renewables in Japan, China, Norway and Denmark. The Political Economy of Renewable Energy and Energy Security: Common Challenges and National Responses in Japan, China and Northern Europe.
- (2009) The Norwegian Energy-Industrial Complex: The Rise of Renewables, or All About Oil?. Political economy of energy in Europe: forces of integration and fragmentation.
- (2008) War as Development - in the North but not the South. North and South in the World Political Economy.