Eugen Gravningen Sørmo
Background and activities
- Pre-award advice on external research funding, especially on EU research programs
- Hands-on support on application development for external funding. Projects are developed in teams of researchers, research advisers, project economists and other relevant supporting staff
- Supervision/training in developing and writing research proposals/project desciptions
Education and experience
PhD (Dr.Scient) in Ecotoxicology/Physiology, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology, NTNU
2020-2013 - Research adviser,
Department of neuroscience and movement sciences (INB), Faculty of Medcine and Health, NTNU. Pre-award research administration, includning hand-on support on appliaction development of research proposals/project descriptions. Adviser on external funding, especially on Norwegian Research Council and other national research programs. Adviser on research and innovation funding policies, including preparing reaseach activity assessments and analyses. Adviser and hands-on support approving data protection impact assessments (DPIA) of research projects.
2012-1997 - Researcher, assistant professor, engineer and PhD Fellow,
Department of biology (IBI). Faculty of Natural Sciences and Techology, NTNU. Research and teaching in ecotoxicology/environmental toxiclogy and physiology. Experience include writing research appliactions funding and project management, supervision of MSc and PhD students.
Present - 2013 - Sensor
The University Centre in Svalbard (UNIS). AT-330/AT-830 Arctic Environmental Toxicology (MSc/PhD level)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Associations between vitamins A and E and legacy POP levels in highly contaminated Greenland sharks (Somniosus microcephalus). Science of the Total Environment. vol. 442.
- (2013) Effects of complex organohalogen contaminant mixtures on thyroid homeostasis in hooded seal (Cystophora cristata) mother–pup pairs. Chemosphere. vol. 92.
- (2012) Mercury in Molar Excess of Selenium Interferes with Thyroid Hormone Function in Free-Ranging Freshwater Fish. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 46 (16).
- (2011) Selenium Moderates Mercury Toxicity in Free-Ranging Freshwater Fish. Environmental Science and Technology. vol. 45 (15).
- (2011) Trophic level determines levels of brominated flame-retardants in coastal herring gulls. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. vol. 74 (7).
- (2009) Brominated flame retardants in aquatic organisms from the North Sea in comparison with biota from the high Arctic marine environment. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry. vol. 28 (10).
- (2009) Immunotoxicity of Polychlorinated Biphenyls (PCB) in Free-Ranging Gray Seal Pups with Special Emphasis on Dioxin-Like Congeners. Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A. vol. 72 (3-4).
- (2008) How important are the hydroxylated PCB metabolites (OH-PCB) in harbour seals (Phoca vitulina). Organohalogen Compounds. vol. 70.
- (2007) Brominated Flame Retardants in North-East Atlantic Marine Ecosystems. Environmental Health Perspectives. vol. 115.
- (2006) Hexabromocyclododecane (HBCD) in two marine food webs from Norway. Organohalogen Compounds. vol. 68.
- (2006) Dispersion of polybrominated diphenyl ether and hexabromocyclododecane flame retardants in the polar bear food chain in Svalbard, Norway. Organohalogen Compounds. vol. 68.
- (2006) Biomagnification of polybrominated diphenyl ether and hexabromocyclododecane flame retardants in the polar bear food chain in Svalbard, Norway. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry. vol. 25.
- (2006) Thyroid hormone and vitamin responses to endocrine disrupting POPs in turbot (Scopthalmus maximus). Marine Environmental Research. vol. 62.
- (2006) Immunotoxicity of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) and dichlorodiphenyl-trichloroethanes (DDTs) in free-ranging grey seal pups from Atlantic and Baltic waters. Organohalogen Compounds. vol. 68.
- (2006) Modelling of bioaccumulation of polybrominated diphenyl ethers in food webs. Organohalogen Compounds. vol. 68.
- (2005) Thyroid hormone status in gray seal (Halichoerus grypus) pups from the Baltic Sea and the Atlantic Ocean in relation to organochlorine pollutants. Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry. vol. 3.
- (2004) Relationships between PCBs and thyroid hormones and retinol in female and male polar bears. Environmental Health Perspectives. vol. 112 (8).
- (2004) Spatial and temporal trends of BFRs in Atlantic and Polar cod in the North-East Atlantic. Organohalogen Compounds. vol. 66.
- (2004) Effects of PBDE-47 on thyroid and steroid hormone status in juvenile turbot (Schophtalamus maximus). Organohalogen Compounds. vol. 66.
- (2003) Negative relationship between PCBs and plasma retinol in low-contaminated free-ranging gray seal pups (Halichoerus grypus). Environmental Research. vol. 93.