Background and activities
Franz Luef is an Associate Professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences since 2014 after postdoctoral positions at the University of Vienna and the University of California at Berkeley. He is a member of the Analysis Group. Franz Luef has a MSc, and a PhD both from the Univeristy of Vienna.
His research interests are in noncommutative geometry, time-frequency analysis, pseudodifferential operators, uncertainty principles and deformation quantization.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Metaplectic transformations and finite group actions on noncommutative tori. Journal of operator theory. vol. 82 (1).
- (2019) Moyal Bracket and Ehrenfest’s Theorem in Born–Jordan Quantization. Quantum Reports. vol. 1 (1).
- (2019) Time-frequency analysis on the adeles over the rationals. Comptes rendus. Mathematique. vol. 357 (2).
- (2019) Mixed-State Localization Operators: Cohen’s Class and Trace Class Operators. Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications. vol. 25 (4).
- (2019) On Accumulated Cohen's Class Distributions and Mixed-State Localization Operators. Constructive approximation.
- (2018) The Balian–Low theorem and noncommutative tori. Expositiones mathematicae. vol. 36 (2).
- (2018) Convolutions for Berezin quantization and Berezin-Lieb inequalities. Journal of Mathematical Physics. vol. 59 (2).
- (2018) Convolutions for localization operators. Journal des Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées. vol. 118.
- (2015) Sigma-model solitons on noncommutative spaces. Letters in Mathematical Physics. vol. 105 (12).
- (2015) Born–Jordan pseudodifferential calculus, Bopp operators and deformation quantization. Integral equations and operator theory. vol. Published ahead of print (84).
- (2014) Metaplectic group, symplectic Cayley transform, and fractional Fourier transforms. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications. vol. 416 (2).
- (2012) Quantum mechanics in phase space: the Schrödinger and the Moyal representations. Journal of Pseudo-Differential Operators and Applications. vol. 3 (4).