Background and activities
Franz Luef is a Professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences since 2020 and was an Associate Professor 2014 - 2019 after postdoctoral positions at the University of Vienna and the University of California at Berkeley. He is a member of the Analysis Group. Franz Luef has a MSc, and a PhD both from the Univeristy of Vienna.
His research interests are in noncommutative geometry, time-frequency analysis, pseudodifferential operators, uncertainty principles and deformation quantization.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Yang-Mills connections on quantum Heisenberg manifolds. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications. vol. 483 (1).
- (2019) Metaplectic transformations and finite group actions on noncommutative tori. Journal of operator theory. vol. 82 (1).
- (2019) Moyal Bracket and Ehrenfest’s Theorem in Born–Jordan Quantization. Quantum Reports. vol. 1 (1).
- (2019) Time-frequency analysis on the adeles over the rationals. Comptes rendus. Mathematique. vol. 357 (2).
- (2019) Sampling and periodization of generators of Heisenberg modules. International Journal of Mathematics. vol. 30 (10).
- (2019) Mixed-State Localization Operators: Cohen’s Class and Trace Class Operators. Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications. vol. 25 (4).
- (2019) On Accumulated Cohen's Class Distributions and Mixed-State Localization Operators. Constructive approximation.
- (2018) The Balian–Low theorem and noncommutative tori. Expositiones mathematicae. vol. 36 (2).
- (2018) Convolutions for Berezin quantization and Berezin-Lieb inequalities. Journal of Mathematical Physics. vol. 59 (2).
- (2018) Convolutions for localization operators. Journal des Mathématiques Pures et Appliquées. vol. 118.
- (2015) Sigma-model solitons on noncommutative spaces. Letters in Mathematical Physics. vol. 105 (12).
- (2015) Born–Jordan pseudodifferential calculus, Bopp operators and deformation quantization. Integral equations and operator theory. vol. Published ahead of print (84).
- (2014) Metaplectic group, symplectic Cayley transform, and fractional Fourier transforms. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications. vol. 416 (2).
- (2012) Quantum mechanics in phase space: the Schrödinger and the Moyal representations. Journal of Pseudo-Differential Operators and Applications. vol. 3 (4).