Carl Fredrik Lutken Shetelig
Background and activities
Professor at the Faculty of Architecture and Design, NTNU
Dean at the Faculty of Architecture and Design, NTNU 2017 - 2021
Dean at the Faculty of Architecture and Fine Art, NTNU 2013 - 2017
Chair of the board at the FME research center Zero Emission Buildings www.zeb.no/ 2014 - 2017
Chair of the board at Technoport www.technoport.no/ 2015 - 2017
Leader of the comittee for campus development at NTNU 2016
Areas of special expertise
• Architectural design of buildings, transport infrastructure and bridges
• City and urban planning
• Strategy and leadership
Education and employment
Educated house building engineer at Oslo University of Technology 1984, and professional architect at NTH 1990. Partner and co-founder of Pir II Architectural Office in Trondheim from 1994 to 2005. Earlier on he worked as an architect at Rødahl and Clausen AS and Ola Steen Architectural Office. In 2005 he was employed at the Faculty of Architecture and Fine Art. He was Vice-dean for education at the faculty from 2005 to 2013.
Appointments, awards and projects
He has held several board positions at NTNU and many academic assessment missions, and has also participated in numerous juries for architectural competitions. He has also led and contributed to numerous architectural projects, see CV for details.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
Part of book/report
- (2016) Transformative Learning in Architectural Education: Re-Thinking Architecture and the Education of Architecture. Threshold Concepts in Practice.
- (2016) Kvalitetsprogram - NTNUs campusutvikling 2016 - 2030. 2016.
- (2016) Lokalisering av NTNU campus i Trondheim. 2016.
- (2006) Forbedret læringsmiljø for NTNU i tocampusløsningen mot 2020. 2006.