Background and activities
· Very good knowledge of biodiversity, taxonomy and ecology of northern European beetles (Coleoptera), bugs (Hemiptera) and wasps (Hymenoptera: particularly Aculeata, Proctotrupoidea and Diaprioidea).
· Good knowledge of taxonomy and ecology of European, Australian and Neotropical beetles (Coleoptera) true bugs (Heteroptera) and wasps (Hymenoptera, Aculeata)
· Long experience with assessments and classification of threats and endangered species for Red Data Lists
· Monitoring and mapping of biological diversity
· Alien species
· Nature types
· International and national experience in experimental research on several aspects of entomology.
· Broad experience with applied research projects for nature management, private and public employers.
· Several national and international collaboration partners
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) DNA barcoding of Aphelopus Dalman (Hymenoptera, Dryinidae) from China, with descriptions of four new species. European Journal of Taxonomy. vol. 794.
- (2022) Why do we find dead bumblebees under linden trees?. Ecological Entomology. vol. 47 (5).
- (2022) The first records of Solva marginata (Meigen, 1820) and the fly family Xylomyidae (Diptera) in Norway. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 69.
- (2021) Artsgruppeomtale nebbmunner (Hemiptera). Norsk rødliste.
- (2021) Cuticular Hydrocarbon Profile Analyses Help Clarify the Species Identity of Dry-Mounted Cuckoo Wasps (Hymenoptera: Chrysididae), Including Type Material, and Reveal Evidence for a Cryptic Species. Insect Systematics and Diversity (ISD). vol. 5 (1).
- (2021) Two species of ant symbionts in colonies of Tetramorium caespitum (Linnaeus, 1758) new to Norway. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 68 (2).
- (2021) Notes on Pselaphinae (Coleoptera, Staphylinidae) from Norway, including Centrotoma lucifuga Heyden, 1849 new to the Nordic countries. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 68 (1).
- (2020) Alien species in Norway: Results from quantitative ecological impact assessments. Ecological Solutions and Evidence. vol. 1 (1).
- (2020) The genus Cosmophorus Ratzeburg, 1848 (Hymenoptera, Braconidae, Euphorinae) in Norway. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 67 (1).
- (2020) Dorytomus carpathicus Petryszak, 1984 (Coleoptera, Curculionidae) a new weevil for the Nordic countries. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 67 (2).
- (2020) On the occurrence of Stratiomys validicornis (Loew, 1854) (Diptera, Stratiomyidae) in Fennoscandia. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 67 (1).
- (2020) Galerucella (Neogalerucella) anserina Ødegaard & Hanssen, sp. nov., a new species of Chrysomelidae (Coleoptera, Chrysomelidae, Galerucinae) from Norway. Zootaxa. vol. 4755 (2).
- (2019) Alien plants, animals, fungi and algae in Norway: an inventory of neobiota. Biological Invasions. vol. 21 (10).
- (2019) Saproxylic beetles in tropical and temperate forests ? A standardized comparison of vertical stratification patterns. Forest Ecology and Management. vol. 444.
- (2019) The arctic and alpine bumblebees of the subgenus Alpinobombus revised from integrative assessment of species' gene coalescents and morphology (Hymenoptera, Apidae, Bombus). Zootaxa. vol. 4625 (1).
- (2018) Review of the Palaearctic species of Ismaridae Thomson, 1858 (Hymenoptera: Diaprioidea). European Journal of Taxonomy. vol. 417.
- (2018) On the distribution of the rare solitary bee Coelioxys lanceolata Nylander, 1852 (Hymenoptera, Megachilidae) in Norway. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 65.
- (2018) Cypha norvegica n. sp. (Coleoptera, Staphylinidae) described from Norway. Zootaxa. vol. 4388 (2).
- (2017) The interplay of climate and land use change affects the distribution of EU bumblebees. Global Change Biology. vol. 24 (1).
- (2016) Records of bilateral gynandromorphism in three species of ants (Hymenoptera, Formicidae) in Norway. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 63 (1).