Background and activities
· Very good knowledge of biodiversity, taxonomy and ecology of northern European beetles (Coleoptera), bugs (Hemiptera) and wasps (Hymenoptera: particularly Aculeata, Proctotrupoidea and Diaprioidea).
· Good knowledge of taxonomy and ecology of European, Australian and Neotropical beetles (Coleoptera) true bugs (Heteroptera) and wasps (Hymenoptera, Aculeata)
· Long experience with assessments and classification of threats and endangered species for Red Data Lists
· Monitoring and mapping of biological diversity
· Alien species
· Nature types
· International and national experience in experimental research on several aspects of entomology.
· Broad experience with applied research projects for nature management, private and public employers.
· Several national and international collaboration partners
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Review of the Palaearctic species of Ismaridae Thomson, 1858 (Hymenoptera: Diaprioidea). European Journal of Taxonomy. vol. 417.
- (2018) On the distribution of the rare solitary bee Coelioxys lanceolata Nylander, 1852 (Hymenoptera, Megachilidae) in Norway. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 65.
- (2018) Cypha norvegica n. sp. (Coleoptera, Staphylinidae) described from Norway. Zootaxa. vol. 4388 (2).
- (2017) The interplay of climate and land use change affects the distribution of EU bumblebees. Global Change Biology. vol. 24 (1).
- (2016) Records of bilateral gynandromorphism in three species of ants (Hymenoptera, Formicidae) in Norway. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 63 (1).
- (2016) Banning paraphylies and executing Linnaean taxonomy is discordant and reduces the evolutionary and semantic information content of biological nomenclature. Insectes Sociaux. vol. 63 (2).
- (2016) New records of parasitic Hymenoptera associated with ants, including four new species to Norway. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 63 (2).
- (2015) Arthropod distribution in a tropical rainforest: Tackling a four dimensional puzzle. PLoS ONE. vol. 10 (12).
- (2015) Forward to the north: two Euro-Mediterranean bumblebee species now cross the Arctic Circle. Annales de la Societe Entomologique de France.
- (2015) An illustrated key to the cuckoo wasps (Hymenoptera, Chrysididae) of the Nordic and Baltic countries, with description of a new species. Zookeys. vol. 2015 (548).
- (2015) Genes suggest ancestral colour polymorphisms are shared across morphologically cryptic species in arctic bumblebees. PLoS ONE. vol. 10:e0144544 (12).
- (2015) Towards a new era for the knowledge of ants (Hymenoptera, Formicidae) in Norway? Nine species new to the country. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 62 (1).
- (2014) The terrestrial and freshwater invertebrate biodiversity of the archipelagoes of the Barents Sea, Svalbard, Franz Josef Land and Novaya Zemlya. Soil Biology and Biochemistry. vol. 68.
- (2014) Faunistic review of the cuckoo wasps of Fennoscandia, Denmark and the Baltic countries (Hymenoptera: Chrysididae). Zootaxa. vol. 3864 (1).
- (2013) Species status of Bombus monticola Smith (Hymenoptera: Apidae) supported by DNA barcoding. Zootaxa. vol. 3716 (3).
- (2011) Bombus subterraneus (L., 1758) (Hymenoptera, Apidae) rediscovered in Norway. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 58.
- (2011) Psallus Fieber, 1858 and Parapsallus Wagner, 1952 (Hem.-Het., Miridae) in Norway. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 58.
- (2011) Predicting hotspots for red-listed species: multivariate regression models for oak-associated beetles. Insect Conservation and Diversity. vol. 4 (1).
- (2011) Asiraca clavicornis (Fabricius, 1794) (Homoptera, Delphacidae, Asiracinae) a new planthopper to northern Europe found in Norway. Norwegian Journal of Entomology. vol. 58.