Background and activities
Fields of interests and present research activities
- Low temperature fuel cells
- Bipolar plates
- Oxygen evolution in aqueous electrowinning (Cu, Zn) and water electrolysis
- Anode processes in low temperature fuel cells (hydrogen, CO, methanol, ethanol, formic acid)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Systematic Study on TiO2 Crystallization via Hydrothermal Synthesis in the Presence of Different Ferrite Nanoparticles as Nucleation Seeds. Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. vol. 19 (8).
- (2019) Measuring the thermal conductivity of membrane and porous transport layer in proton and anion exchange membrane water electrolyzers for temperature distribution modeling. International journal of hydrogen energy.
- (2019) Thermal Gradients through Sintered Solid State Electrolytes in Lithium-Ion Batteries. Meeting Abstracts - The Electrochemical Society [ECS].
- (2019) Raney-platinum thin film electrodes for the catalysis of glucose in abiotically catalyzed micro-glucose fuel cells. Journal of Materials Science. vol. 54 (22).
- (2019) Optimized Nickel-Cobalt and Nickel-Iron Oxide Catalysts for the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction in Alkaline Water Electrolysis. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 166 (8).
- (2019) Dynamic electrochemical impedance study of methanol oxidation at Pt at elevated temperatures. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 295.
- (2019) Understanding reaction mechanisms using dynamic electrochemical impedance spectroscopy: Methanol oxidation on Pt. Electrochimica Acta.
- (2019) Heat to H2: Using Waste Heat for Hydrogen Production through Reverse Electrodialysis. Energies. vol. 12 (18).
- (2019) Measuring In Situ Interfacial Contact Resistance in a Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 166 (13).
- (2019) The potential of zero total charge and electrocatalytic properties of Ru@Pt core-shell nanoparticles. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry. vol. 833.
- (2019) The durability of the thermally decomposed IrO2-Ta2O5 coated titanium anode in a sulfate solution. Corrosion Science. vol. 150.
- (2018) The influence of graphitization on the thermal conductivity of catalyst layers and temperature gradients in proton exchange membrane fuel cells. International journal of hydrogen energy.
- (2018) Thermal conductivity and compaction of GDL-MPL interfacial composite material. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 165 (7).
- (2018) The real area of nanoporous catalytic surfaces of gold and palladium in aqueous solutions. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 165 (5).
- (2018) Highly Active Nickel-Based Catalyst for Hydrogen Evolution in Anion Exchange Membrane Electrolysis. Catalysts. vol. 8 (12).
- (2018) Highly Active Nickel-Based Catalyst for Hydrogen Evolution in Anion Exchange Membrane Electrolysis. Preprints.
- (2018) Bimetallic nano electrocatalyst for HER in alkaline polymer electrolysis. ECS Transactions. vol. 85 (13).
- (2018) Soldering a gas diffusion layer to a stainless steel bipolar plate using metallic tin. International journal of hydrogen energy. vol. 43 (18).
- (2018) The oxygen evolution reaction mechanism at IrxRu1−xO2 powders produced by hydrolysis synthesis. Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry. vol. 819.
- (2018) Electrochemical Quartz Crystal Microbalance Investigation of Manganese Oxide Deposition in Sulfuric Acid Relevant for Zinc Electrowinning. ECS Transactions. vol. 85 (4).