Gard Lyng Rødal
Background and activities
I’m currently working towards a PhD degree in power electronics. Current interest areas comprise of SiC MOSFET dynamic modelling, electronics design and design of power electronic converters employing wide-bandgap materials such as SiC and GaN, as well as FPGA based real-time simulation of power electronic systems and devices.
- Young Engineer Award 2021 – PCIM Europe 2021. Awarded for the paper An Adaptive Current Source Gate Driver for SiC MOSFETs with Double Gate Current Injection.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
Part of book/report
- (2021) Reduction of Parasitic Inductance and Thermal Management in a Multichip SiC Half-Bridge Module. PCIM Europe digital days 2021; International Exhibition and Conference for Power Electronics, Intelligent Motion, Renewable Energy and Energy Management.
- (2019) Design Challenges of a SiC-based MVDC Power Supply for Deep-Sea Applications. 2019 10th International Conference on Power Electronics and ECCE Asia - ICPE 2019 - ECCE Asia.
- (2021) Real-Time FPGA Simulation of Silicon Carbide MOSFETs. IEEE 8th Workshop on Wide Bandgap Power Devices and Applications (WiPDA) ; Redondo Beach. 2021-11-07 - 2021-11-11.
- (2021) Design Evaluation of Medium-Voltage and High-Power Modularized DC/DC Converters with SiC MOSFETs. 23rd European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications (EPE'21 ECCE Europe) ; Ghent. 2021-09-06 - 2021-09-10.
- (2018) Analysis and Evaluation of Repetitive Controllers for Circulating Current Suppression in Modular Multilevel Converters. 2018 20th European Conference on Power Electronics and Applications (EPE'18 ECCE Europe) ; Riga. 2018-09-17 - 2018-09-21.