Background and activities
Leader for the Group of Public Health and Community Medicine
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Psychological distress in elderly people is associated with diet, wellbeing, health status, social support and physical functioning- a HUNT3 study. BMC Geriatrics.
- (2018) Testing a New Tool Assessing Attitude Towards Treatment and Health in Primary Health Care Setting: Senior Patients and Doctors Perspectives. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
- (2018) Governance for public health and health equity: The Tröndelag model for public health work. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
- (2018) Joy of life in nursing homes: A qualitative study of what constitutes the essence of joy of life in elderly individuals living in Norwegian nursing homes. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences.
- (2017) Is there an association between food patterns and life satisfaction among Norway's inhabitants ages 65 years and older?. Appetite. vol. 110.
- (2017) Positive mental health literacy:development and validation of a measureamong Norwegian adolescents. BMC Public Health. vol. 17 (1).
- (2017) The Relationship Between Positive Mental Health Literacy and Mental Well-Being Among Adolescents: Implications of School Health Services. Journal of School Nursing.
- (2017) The role of gender in the active attitude toward treatment and health among patients in primary health care - self-assessed health status and sociodemographic factors as moderators. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 17 (284).
- (2017) Dietary Patterns Characterized by High Meat Consumption Are Associated with Other Unhealthy Life Styles and Depression Symptoms. Frontiers in Nutrition. vol. 4 (25).
- (2017) Primary Care Patients’ Expectations Towards Medical Appointments and Their Experiences During the Visit: Does Age Matter?. Patient Preference and Adherence. vol. 11.
- (2017) Developing a Program of Nursing Research. Singapore Nursing Journal. vol. 44 (1).
- (2017) Has life satisfaction in Norway increased over a 20-year period? Exploring age and gender differences in a prospective longitudinal study, HUNT. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 46 (1).
- (2017) Service user involvement enhanced the research quality in a study using interpretative phenomenological analysis - the power of multiple perspectives. Journal of Advanced Nursing. vol. 73 (1).
- (2017) Stress, sense of coherence and subjective health in adolescents aged 13-18 years. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 45 (4).
- (2017) Do family and neighbourhood matter in secondary school completion? A multilevel study of determinants and their interactions in a life-course perspective. PLoS ONE. vol. 12 (8).
- (2017) Validations of two versions of the Warwick-Edinburgh Mental Well-Being Scale among Norwegian adolescents. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health.
- (2017) Activation of older patients through PRACTA intervension for primary healthcare doctors; does the method matter?. European Journal of Public Health. vol. 1.
- (2017) Salutogenic Healthy Ageing Programme Embracement (SHAPE) for senior-only households: A study protocol. Journal of Advanced Nursing.
- (2017) Enhancing GPs’ competencies in communication and activation of the elderly: results from the PRACTA computer-based intervention study. Journal of Medical Internet Research. vol. 19 (2).
- (2016) Jakten på helsefremmende faktorer i epidemiologisk forskning: Eksempler fra Helseundersøkelsen i Nord-Trøndelag (HUNT). Norsk Epidemiologi. vol. 26 (1-2).