Geir Arild Espnes
Background and activities
Leader for the Group of Public Health and Community Medicine
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Addressing Inequity: Evaluation of an Intervention to Improve Accessability and Quality of a Green Space. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. vol. 16 (24).
- (2019) Ten Lessons for Good Practice for the INHERIT Triple Win: Health, Equity and Environmental Sustainability. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. vol. 16 (22).
- (2019) Development and psychometric properties of the Joy-of-Life-Scale in cognitively intact nursing home patients. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. vol. 33 (4).
- (2019) Reorienting Norwegian mental healthcare services: listen to patients’ learning appetite. Health Promotion International. vol. 34 (3).
- (2019) Teaching general practitioners to activate older patients: the intervening role of changes in perceived communication skills. Patient Education and Counseling. vol. 102 (9).
- (2018) Exploring MEST: a new universal teaching strategy for school health services to promote positive mental health literacy and mental wellbeing among Norwegian adolescents. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 18 (1001).
- (2018) Psychological distress in elderly people is associated with diet, wellbeing, health status, social support and physical functioning- a HUNT3 study. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 18 (205).
- (2018) Testing a new tool assessing attitude towards treatment and health in primary health care setting: Senior patients and doctors perspectives. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 47 (1).
- (2018) Governance for public health and health equity: The Tröndelag model for public health work. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 46 (22).
- (2018) Salutogenic service user involvement in nursing research: A case study. Journal of Advanced Nursing. vol. 74 (9).
- (2018) Joy of life in nursing homes: A qualitative study of what constitutes the essence of joy of life in elderly individuals living in Norwegian nursing homes. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. vol. Dec 32 (4).
- (2018) The INHERIT model: A tool to jointly improve health, environmental sustainability and health equity through behavior and lifestyle change. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. vol. 15 (1435).
- (2017) Is there an association between food patterns and life satisfaction among Norway's inhabitants ages 65 years and older?. Appetite. vol. 110.
- (2017) Positive mental health literacy:development and validation of a measureamong Norwegian adolescents. BMC Public Health. vol. 17 (1).
- (2017) The Relationship Between Positive Mental Health Literacy and Mental Well-Being Among Adolescents: Implications for School Health Services. Journal of School Nursing. vol. 35 (2).
- (2017) The role of gender in the active attitude toward treatment and health among patients in primary health care - self-assessed health status and sociodemographic factors as moderators. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 17 (284).
- (2017) Dietary Patterns Characterized by High Meat Consumption Are Associated with Other Unhealthy Life Styles and Depression Symptoms. Frontiers in Nutrition. vol. 4 (25).
- (2017) Primary Care Patients’ Expectations Towards Medical Appointments and Their Experiences During the Visit: Does Age Matter?. Patient Preference and Adherence. vol. 11.
- (2017) Developing a Program of Nursing Research. Singapore Nursing Journal. vol. 44 (1).
- (2017) Has life satisfaction in Norway increased over a 20-year period? Exploring age and gender differences in a prospective longitudinal study, HUNT. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. vol. 46 (1).