Geir Humborstad Sørland
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Demulsification of crude oil emulsions tracked by pulsed field gradient NMR. Part II: Influence of chemical demulsifiers in external AC electric field. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects.
- (2019) Demulsification of Crude Oil Emulsions Tracked by Pulsed Field Gradient (PFG) Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR). Part I: Chemical Demulsification. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 58 (6).
- (2019) Influence of wax inhibitor molecular weight: Fractionation and effect on crystallization of polydisperse waxes. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology.
- (2019) Inhibitor-wax interactions and PPD effect on wax crystallization: New approaches for GC/MS and NMR, and comparison with DSC, CPM, and rheometry. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 177.
- (2018) Mechanisms of Physical Stabilization of Concentrated Water-In-Oil Emulsions Probed by Pulse Field Gradient Nuclear Magnetic Resonance and Rheology through a Multiscale Approach. Langmuir. vol. 34 (32).
- (2018) The application of pulse field gradient (PFG) NMR methods to characterize the efficiency of separation of water-in-crude oil emulsions. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. vol. 512.
- (2017) Influence of HPAM on W/O emulsion separation properties. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. vol. 38 (2).
- (2017) Asphaltene fractionation based on adsorption onto calcium carbonate: Part 2. Self-association and aggregation properties. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. vol. 514.
- (2015) Rheological properties of highly concentrated dense packed layer emulsions (w/o) stabilized by asphaltene. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 126.
- (2015) Utilization of DSC, NIR and NMR for wax appearance temperature and chemical additive performance characterization. Journal of thermal analysis and calorimetry (Print). vol. 120.
- (2014) Phase inversion in emulsions studied by low field NMR. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. vol. 443.
- (2014) Optimization and validation of low field nuclear magnetic resonance sequences to determine low water contents and water profiles in W/O emulsions. Colloids and Surfaces A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. vol. 441.
- (2012) Quantitative Recovery Ordered (Q-ROSY) and Diffusion Ordered Spectroscopy using the Spoiler Recovery Approach. Diffusion Fundamentals. vol. 17 (1).
- (2012) Population Balance Model for Batch Gravity Separation of Crude Oil and Water Emulsions. Part II: Comparison to Experimental Crude Oil Separation Data. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. vol. 33 (4).
- (2011) Separation profile of model water-in-oil emulsions followed by nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) measurements: Application range and comparison with a multiple-light scattering based apparatus. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. vol. 356 (1).
- (2011) A spoiler recovery method for rapid diffusion measurements. Diffusion Fundamentals. vol. 15.
- (2010) Behavior of Asphaltene Model Compounds at W/O Interfaces. Langmuir. vol. 26 (4).
- (2007) Absolute pore size distribution from NMR. Diffusion Fundamentals. vol. 5.
- (2014) Filtration of Emulsions Part 1. 2014.