Geir Karsten Hansen
Background and activities
Geir K Hansen is professor in Architectural and Facilities Management at the Department of Architectural Design and Management, Faculty of Architecture and Fine Art, NTNU. He is also leader of two master programs in Real Estate and Facilities Management at NTNU. He graduated as an architect from the Faculty of Architecture at the Norwegian Technical University, 1987.
His main field of research is programming, evaluation of processes and buildings, and usability of buildings related to an user and organizational perspective where theory, methods and tools are developed through several projects and case studies. Hansen has previously worked with topics like adaptability and flexibility, new use and transformation of existing buildings and run several architectural design courses on this.
Hansen has been an active member of CiB work group W96 Architectural Management, CiB W70 Facilities Management and will from June 2013 be chair of CiBW111 Usability of Buildings. He has been scientific member of the steering committee for Center for Facilities Management at Denmark Technical University from 2009 - 2013.
He has published a number of scientific papers and articles on usability, adaptability, flexibility in projects and processes and been reviewer for several papers and articles.
- AAR6044 - Strategic Space Management, Statsbygg
- AAR6041 - Introduction and Service Management in FM
- AAR4950 - Programming and Evaluation of Buildings
- AAR6043 - Research Methodology
- AAR4235 - Real estate economics
- AAR6990 - Master Thesis in Real Estate and Facility Management
- PK6906 - Master Thesis in Facility Management
- AAR4874 - Theories and Methods for Master Thesis
- AAR6028 - Strategic Space Management
- AAR6036 - Real Estate and Uban Development
- AAR6032 - Real Estate Law
- AAR4992 - Master Thesis in Real Estate and Facility Management
- AAR6006 - Building Design Management
- AAR4828 - Real Estate Development
- AAR6008 - Building Design Management, Basic Course
- AAR6023 - Real Estate Economics
- AAR6037 - Sustainable Transformation of Buildings
- AAR4815 - Planning and Building Process
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2015) A Motherless Child – Why do Construction Projects Fail. Procedia Economics and Finance. vol. 21.
Part of book/report
- (2017) How to evaluate Healthcare Buildings? Selction of Methods for evaluating Hospital Architectural Quality and Usability - a case at St. Olavs Hospital in Norway. ARCH17. 3rd International Conference on Architecture, Research, Care and Health. Conference Proceedings.
- (2013) Usability: Managing facilities for social outcomes. Proceedings of the 19th CIB World Building Congress, Brisbane 2013: Construction and Society.