Geir Egil Dahle Øien
Background and activities
Geir Egil Dahle Øien is project manager for NTNU's central education development project "Technology studies of the future" in the period 1 August 2019 - 31 December 2021.
Øien became a professor at the Department of Electronics and Telecommunications in May 2001 and belong to the Signal Processing Research Group. He was head of the Department of Telecommunications in the period 2002-2004. He was Dean of the Faculty of Information Technology, Mathematics and Electrical Engineering between 1 August 2009 and 31 July 2019.
Geir Egil Dahle Øien (born 1965) has an MSc (sivilingeniør) degree from the Department of Telecommunications at NTH (1989) and a PhD from the same department (1993).
He is author/co-author of around 150 publications in international journals and conference proceedings with referee. He has managed and participated in several large research projects funded by the Research Council of Norway and the EU Commission. He has supervised more than 20 PhD candidates and has been an opponent at a long list of disputations, in Norway and abroad.
- Information theory
- Communication theory
- Wireless communications
- Signal processing
Committees and board positions (selected)
- Board Member, Adolf Øiens Fond, Stiftelsen for næringsutvikling 2020 - 2025
- Chairman, Portfolio board for enabling technologies, Norwegian Research Council 2019 - 2023
- Member, Board of Directors, CESAER 2014 - 2016
- Member and leader, various expert committees in NOKUT, Danmarks Akkrediteringsinstitution, and Universitetskanslerämbetet
- Chairman of the National Faculty Meeting for Natural Sciences 2015 - 2017
- Member, Scientific Council, EURECOM 2009 - 2019
- Former member of The Publication Committee of The Norwegian Association of Higher Education Institutions
For more information, see CV to the left under contact information.