Background and activities
I am a researcher in Science and Technology Studies working at the Center for Technology and Society. In my research I am interested in exploring questions related to the governance of emerging fields of science and technology, like bio- and nanotechnology. Within this broader topic I have worked a lot on issues related to the governance of innovation and social responsibility.
I am currently part of a project called Res Publica, which is funded through the new Norwegian biotechnology research center Digital Life Norway. Within the Res Publica project my research is mainly aimed towards studying innovation practices related to the development of new antibiotics.
Ph.D in Science and Technology Studies (STS)
My research interests:
- Science governance
- Responsible research and innovation
- Antimicrobial resistance (AMR) and antibiotics R&D
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) The Physiology of Imagined Publics : From a Deficit to an Ambivalence Model. Science & Technology Studies. vol. 31 (2).
- (2017) Nyanser av mistillit. Morgenbladet.
- (2017) Communities of Peer Practitioners: Experiences from an Academic Writing Group. Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies. vol. 5 (1).
- (2016) "De smaker godt, så lenge jeg ikke trenger å se dem!". Adressavisen.
- (2016) Med mandat til å debattere. Morgenbladet.
- (2018) Managing science and managing society in Norwegian bio- and nanotechnology research. 2018.
- (2014) God klimapolitikk eller dyr fornybar moro? Fortellinger om norsk-svenske elsertifikater og vindmøller på Fosen/Snillfjord. 2014.
- (2018) A case study of AMR research in Norway - AMR and Innovation. Academic Network Global Challenges. Science, Technology and Medicine . ANGC/Universitetet i Oslo; Oslo. 2018-06-04 - 2018-06-06.
- (2018) Auspicious, Anxious or Ambiguous Enactments? Studying the Socialisation of NET through News Media. S.Net 2018 . Society for new and emerging technologies; Maastricht. 2018-06-25.
- (2018) AMR and the Bioeconomy. Fresh Perspectives to the study of antimicrobials in society . Lodon School of Hygiene and Tropical Diseases; London. 2018-09-10 - 2018-09-11.
- (2017) Can the imagined scientists of RRI please raise their hands?. 4S conference . 4S; Boston. 2017-08-29 - 2017-09-01.
- (2016) Off course I’m responsible! - Local interpretations and enactments of responsibility in Norwegian technosciences. S.Net 2016 - The Co-Production of Emerging Bodies, Politics and Technologies . S.Net; Bergen. 2016-10-12 - 2016-10-14.
- (2016) RRI and the socialisation of nano- and biotech in Norwegian newspapers. ELSA-Norway Conference . ELSA-Norway; Hurtigruta. 2016-04-11 - 2016-04-13.
- (2016) Imagining publics, re-distributing responsibility. Scientists navigating Responsible Research and Innovation. 4S/EASST conference ; Barcelona. 2016-08-31 - 2016-09-03.
- (2015) Exploring practices through the use of interviews. International Conference in Interpretive Policy Analysis . Lille 2 University, Science Po Lille; Lille. 2015-07-08 - 2015-07-10.
- (2015) Irresponsible innovation?. PerformE start-up . PerformE, Institutt for tverrfaglige kulturstudier; Trondheim. 2015-02-19 - 2015-02-20.
- (2015) ELSA beyond ethics: regulatory activities. Engaging science. PerformE start-up . PerformE, Institutt for tverrfaglige kulturstudier; Trondheim. 2015-02-19 - 2015-02-20.