Background and activities
- 09/2009-07/2013 Department of Informatics, Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Natural Science, University of Hamburg, Germany. Major: Computer science, Ph.D.
- 09/2006-07/2009 Department of Computer Science, Chongqing University, Chongqing, China. Major: Computer software and theory, M.S.
- 09/2002-07/2006 Department of Computer Science, Chongqing University, Chongqing, China. Major: Computer science and technology, B.S.
My research interests mainly lie in digitalization, control, optimization & artificial intelligence. More specifically,
- In robotics: bio-inspired robots, Central Pattern Generators for gait generation, Adaptive locomotion control.
- In ship maneuvering: modeling and simulation of ship maneuvering, dynamic positioning, ship path planning, ship motion prediction.
- In human-machine interaction: visual focus analysis.
- 2020-present: IKTPLUSS, "Remote Control Centre for Autonomous Ship Support (AuReCo)"
- 2020-present: RFF Møre og Romsdal, "A Dashboard System for Maritime Crane Condition Monitoring"
- 2019-present: EU project, "Arrowhead Tools for Engineering of Digitalisation Solutions"
- 2018-present: KPN, “Digital Twins for Vessel Life Cycle Service (TwinShip)”
- 2019-2020: RFFMIDT, "Dynamic Motion Planning Based on Trajectory Prediction in Close-range Manoeuvring"
- 2017-2018: DeepTek Pre-project
- 2016-2017: RFFMIDT, "An approach toward optimal control of ship manoeuvring in offshore operations"
- 2015-2018: KPN, "Integrated Marine Operation Simulator Facilities for Risk Assessment Including Human Factors (IMPROVE)"
- 2014-2015: MS GUNNERUS project for fine ship maneuvering
- Best Conference Paper in Information of 2014 IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation (IEEE ICIA 2014).
- Best Paper Finalist in 2020 IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation (IEEE ICMA 2020)
- IEEE Senior member, 2019
- IEEE Industrial Electronics Society Membership, 2021
- Associate Editor, "IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering", 2020-2022
- IPEV6002 - Design II
- IPEV6007 - Service and Maintenance II
- MASA2352 - Mechatronics
- IP502009 - Msc thesis, professional master 90 ECTS
- IP500515 - Modelling and Simulation of Dynamic Systems
- IP501508 - Robotics
- IP501909 - MSc thesis, discipline oriented
- IP505245 - Applied AI and Control
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Directional wave spectrum estimation with ship motion responses using adversarial networks. Marine Structures. vol. 83.
- (2022) Impacts of COVID-19 on ship behaviours in port area: An AIS data-based pattern recognition approach. IEEE transactions on intelligent transportation systems (Print).
- (2021) Data-Driven Modeling for Transferable Sea State Estimation between Marine Systems. IEEE transactions on intelligent transportation systems (Print). vol. 23 (3).
- (2021) Temporal Attention Convolutional Neural Network for Estimation of Icing Probability on Wind Turbine Blades. IEEE transactions on industrial electronics (1982. Print). vol. 69 (6).
- (2021) Coupling of dynamic reaction forces of a heavy load crane and ship motion responses in waves. Ships and Offshore Structures. vol. 16.
- (2021) An Integrated Approach to Modelling Fish Cage Response in the Flow. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 42 (4).
- (2021) Fault Detection with LSTM-Based Variational Autoencoder for Maritime Components. IEEE Sensors Journal. vol. 21 (19).
- (2021) Fault Prognostics Using LSTM Networks: Application to Marine Diesel Engine. IEEE Sensors Journal. vol. 21 (22).
- (2021) An Uncertainty-aware Hybrid Approach for Sea State Estimation Using Ship Motion Responses. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. vol. 18 (2).
- (2021) Data-driven sea state estimation for vessels using multi-domain features from motion responses. 2021 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA).
- (2021) A Deep Learning Approach to Detect and Isolate Thruster Failures for Dynamically Positioned Vessels Using Motion Data. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement. vol. 70.
- (2021) A multiple-output hybrid ship trajectory predictor with consideration for future command assumption. IEEE Sensors Journal.
- (2021) Locomotion control of a biomimetic robotic fish based on closed loop sensory feedback CPG model. Journal of Marine Engineering & Technology. vol. 20 (2).
- (2021) Development of a manufacturing system for gear assembly using collaborative robots. Proceedings of 2021 IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation.
- (2021) The Use of a Data-Driven Digital Twin of a Smart City: A Case Study of Ålesund, Norway. IEEE Instrumentation & Measurement Magazine. vol. 24 (7).
- (2021) Real-time digital twin of research vessel for remote monitoring. Proceedings of 35th European Council for Modelling and Simulation.
- (2021) A Survey of Eye Tracking in Automobile and Aviation Studies: Implications for Eye-Tracking Studies in Marine Operations. IEEE Transactions on Human-Machine Systems. vol. 51 (2).
- (2021) A Co-operative Hybrid Model For Ship Motion Prediction. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 42 (1).
- (2021) A Multilevel Convolutional Recurrent Neural Network for Blade Icing Detection of Wind Turbine. IEEE Sensors Journal. vol. 21 (18).
- (2021) A sensitivity quantification approach to significance analysis of thrusters in dynamic positioning operations. Ocean Engineering. vol. 223.
- (2021) Incorporating Approximate Dynamics Into Data-Driven Calibrator: A Representative Model for Ship Maneuvering Prediction. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. vol. 18 (3).
- (2021) Parameter Identification of Ship Manoeuvring Model Under Disturbance Using Support Vector Machine Method. Ships and Offshore Structures. vol. 16.
- (2021) Sailing status recognition to enhance safety awareness and path routing for a commuter ferry. Ships and Offshore Structures. vol. 16.
- (2021) Navigating patterns analysis for on-board guidance support in crossing collision avoidance operations. IEEE Intelligent Transportation Systems Magazine (ITSM).
- (2020) A Novel Densely Connected Convolutional Neural Network for Sea State Estimation Using Ship Motion Data. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement. vol. 69 (9).
- (2020) A Neural Network-Based Sensitivity Analysis Approach for Data-Driven Modeling of Ship Motion. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering. vol. 45 (2).
- (2020) SpectralSeaNet: Spectrogram and Convolutional Network-based Sea State Estimation. The 46th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON 2020).
- (2020) Incorporation of ship motion prediction into active heave compensation for offshore crane operation. Proceedings of the 15th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications(ICIEA 2020).
- (2020) Co-simulation as a Fundamental Technology for Twin Ships. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 41 (4).
- (2020) Visual Attention Assessment for Expert-in-the-loop Training in a Maritime Operation Simulator. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics. vol. 16 (1).
- (2020) Development of a vision-based target exploration system for snake-like robots in structured environments. International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems (IJARS). vol. 17 (4).
- (2020) Investigating an Integrated Sensor Fusion System for Mental Fatigue Assessment for Demanding Maritime Operations. Sensors. vol. 20 (9).
- (2020) An effective ship control strategy for collision-free maneuver toward a dock. IEEE Access. vol. 8.
- (2020) A Hybrid Approach to Motion Prediction for Ship Docking— Integration of a Neural Network Model into the Ship Dynamic Model. IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurement. vol. 70.
- (2020) An effective model-based thruster failure detection method for dynamically positioned ships. 2020 IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation.
- (2020) A human-expertise based statistical method for analysis of log data from a commuter ferry. Proceedings of the 15th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications(ICIEA 2020).
- (2020) A Novel Channel and Temporal-wise Attention in Convolutional Networks for Multivariate Time Series Classification. IEEE Access. vol. 8.
- (2020) Development of Onboard Decision Supporting System for Ship Docking Operations. Proceedings of the 15th IEEE Conference on Industrial Electronics and Applications(ICIEA 2020).
- (2020) Multi-ship collision avoidance control strategy in close-quarters situations: a case study of Dover Strait ferry maneuvering. The 46th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON 2020).
- (2019) From Natural Complexity to Biomimetic Simplification: The Realization of Bionic Fish Inspired by the Cownose Ray. IEEE robotics & automation magazine. vol. 26 (3).
- (2019) Bionic Flapping Pectoral Fin with Controllable Spatial Deformation. Journal of Bionic Engineering (JBE). vol. 16 (5).
- (2019) Hydrodynamic development of a bionic pectoral fin for undersea monitoring platform. Ships and Offshore Structures. vol. 14.
- (2019) A Step-wise Feature Selection Scheme for a Prognostics and Health Management System in Autonomous Ferry Crossing Operation. Proceedings of 2019 IEEE International Conference on Mechatronics and Automation August 4 - 7, Tianjin, China.
- (2019) Modeling and Analysis of Motion Data from Dynamically Positioned Vessels for Sea State Estimation. 2019 International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA 2019).
- (2019) Data-driven uncertainty and sensitivity analysis for ship motion modeling in offshore operations. Ocean Engineering. vol. 179.
- (2019) Toward Time-Optimal Trajectory Planning for Autonomous Ship Maneuvering in Close-Range Encounters. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering.
- (2019) Virtual prototyping: a case study of positioning systems for drilling operations in the Barents Sea. Ships and Offshore Structures. vol. 14 (S1).
- (2019) Analysis and evaluation of eye behavior for marine operation training - A pilot study. Journal of Eye Movement Research. vol. 12 (3).
- (2019) A decentralized sensor fusion approach to human fatigue monitoring in maritime operations. Proceedings of the 15th IEEE International Conference on Control and Automation.
- (2019) An efficient neural-network based approach to automatic ship docking. Ocean Engineering. vol. 191.
- (2019) Dead reckoning of dynamically positioned ships: Using an efficient recurrent neural network. IEEE robotics & automation magazine. vol. 26 (3).
- (2018) A data-driven sensitivity analysis approach for dynamically positioned vessels. Proceedings of The 59th Conference on Simulation and Modelling (SIMS 59).
- (2018) The use of sensors and eye tracking assessment. Improving Simulator Training and Performance Assessment . NTNU IMPROVE/TARG; Ålesund. 2018-05-15 - 2018-05-15.
- (2018) Assessment of Relations Between Communications and Visual Focus in Dynamic Positioning Operations. Technology Enhanced Assessment. 20th International Conference, TEA 2017, Barcelona, Spain, October 5–6, 2017, Revised Selected Papers.
- (2018) A Neural Network Approach to Control Allocation of Ships for Dynamic Positioning. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 51 (29).
- (2018) A SVM-based Sensitivity Analysis Approach for Data-Driven Modeling of Ship Motion. Proceedings of 2018 IEEE Int. Conf. on Mechatronics and Automation.
- (2017) Simplifying neural network based model for ship motion prediction: a comparative study of sensitivity analysis. ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 1: Offshore Technology.
- (2017) Data-driven Modeling of Ship Motion Prediction Based on Support Vector Regression. Linköping Electronic Conference Proceedings. vol. 2017 (138).
- (2017) Integration of visual focus into marine operation simulator for behavior observation and analysis. IEEE OCEANS 2017 - Aberdeen.
- (2017) Neural-network-based modelling and analysis for time series prediction of ship motion. Ship Technology Research. vol. 64 (1).
- (2017) Concept Design and Simulation of a Water Proofing Modular Robot for Amphibious Locomotion. 2017 International Conference on Advanced Mechatronic Systems.
- (2017) A Screw-less Solution for Snake-like Robot Assembly and Sensor Integration. 2017 International Conference on Advanced Mechatronic Systems.
- (2017) A bézier curve based ship trajectory optimization for close-range maritime operations. ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 7B: Ocean Engineering.
- (2017) TOWARD OPTIMIZATION OF MARITIME TRAINING ON COMMUNICATIONS: A PILOT STUDY. PROCEEDINGS OF THE INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ICT, SOCIETY AND HUMAN BEINGS 2017.
- (2017) Cryptanalysis of a generic one-round key exchange protocol with strong security. IET Information Security. vol. 12 (1).
- (2016) A Bio-inspired Swimming Robot for Marine Aquaculture Applications: from Concept-design to Simulation. OCEANS 2016 Shanghai - MTS/IEEE.
- (2016) Towards A Virtual Prototyping Framework for Ship Maneuvering in Offshore Operations. OCEANS 2016 Shanghai - MTS/IEEE.
- (2016) Analysis and Modeling of Sensor Data for Ship Motion Predicition. OCEANS 2016 Shanghai - MTS/IEEE.
- (2016) A real-time SAR extended object simulator based on FPGA. the 13th IEEE International Conference on Signal Processing ; 2016-11-06 - 2016-11-10.
- (2016) Towards data-driven identification and analysis of propeller ventilation. OCEANS 2016 Shanghai - MTS/IEEE.
- (2016) Data integration and visualisation for demanding marine operations. OCEANS 2016 Shanghai - MTS/IEEE.
- (2015) An ultra-high-speed FPGA based digital correlation processor. IEICE Electronics Express. vol. 12 (8).
- (2015) Caterpillar-like climbing method incorporating a dual-mode optimal controller. IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering. vol. 12 (4).
- (2015) Online learning control of surface vessels for fine trajectory tracking. Journal of Marine Science and Technology.
- (2015) Hierarchical control of marine vehicles for autonomous maneuvering in offshore operations. Ship Technology Research. vol. 62 (2).
- (2015) Integration of sensory feedback into CPG model for locomotion control of caterpillar-like robot. 2015 IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT), Seville, 17-19 March, 2015.
- (2015) Analysis and Design of Asymmetric Oscillation for Caterpillar-Like Locomotion. Journal of Bionic Engineering (JBE). vol. 12 (2).
- (2015) Big Data and Industrial Internet of Things for the Maritime Industry in Northwestern Norway. Proceedings of IEEE TENCON 2015.
- (2014) Design of Neural Circuit for Sidewinding of Snake-like Robots. 2014 IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation (ICIA 2014) : 28-30 July 2014, Hailar, China.
- (2014) An approach for adaptive limbless locomotion using a CPG-based reflex mechanism. Journal of Bionic Engineering (JBE). vol. 11 (3).