Background and activities
Various projects concerning soil modelling. This includes:
Modelling and understanding creep in soft clays and other aspects of soil behaviour.
Development and implementation of a number of soil models, including the NGI-ADP model that is now part of a commercial finite element program (www.plaxis.nl).
Progressive failure in sensitive clays. This includes:
Work with the implementation of a regularisation technique for modelling of brittle material behaviour in finite element calculations
Back calculations to landslides involving quick clay
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Numerical modelling of distinct ice lenses in frost heave. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 710.
- (2021) Investigation of Development of the Earth Pressure Coefficient at Rest in Clay During Creep in the Framework of Hyper-Viscoplasticity. International Journal of Geomechanics. vol. 21 (1).
- (2021) Prediction of embankment settlement on Swedish peat using the soft soil creep model. Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers : Geotechnical Engineering.
- (2020) Modelling creep in clay using the framework of hyper-viscoplasticity. Géotechnique Letters. vol. 10 (3).
- (2020) Comparison of Geoacoustic Models for Unfrozen Water Content Estimation. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Solid Earth. vol. 125 (10).
- (2020) A macro model for shallow foundations on granular soils describing non-linear foundation behavior. Computers & structures. vol. 232.
- (2019) Relations and links between soil mechanics, porous media physics, physiochemical theory, and effective medium theory. Frontiers in Physics. vol. 7:41.
- (2019) A macro-element model for multidirectional cyclic lateral loading of monopiles in clay. Computers and geotechnics. vol. 106.
- (2018) A macro-element pile foundation model for integrated analyses of monopile-based offshore wind turbines. Ocean Engineering. vol. 167.
- (2018) A macro-element for integrated time domain analyses representing bucket foundations for offshore wind turbines. Marine Structures. vol. 59.
- (2017) A continuum model of large deformation continuous ductile ice crushing. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions.
- (2017) An elastic-viscoplastic model for saturated frozen soils. European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering (EJECE).
- (2017) Creep of geomaterials – some finding from the EU project CREEP. European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering (EJECE).
- (2017) Testing and modeling of cyclically loaded rock anchors. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. vol. 9 (6).
- (2016) Constitutive model for rate-independent behavior of saturated frozen soils. Canadian geotechnical journal (Print). vol. 53 (10).
- (2016) Discussion of ‘Soil creep effects on ground lateral deformation and pore water pressure under embankments’. Geomechanics and Geoengineering. vol. 11 (1).
- (2014) An anisotropic shear strength model for cyclic accumulated plastic strain of overconsolidated clay. Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering. vol. 19 S.
- (2014) A FE Procedure for Foundation Design of Offshore Structures - Applied to Study a Potential OWT Monopile Foundation in the Korean Western Sea. Geotechnical Engineering. vol. 45 (4).
- (2012) Constitutive Model for Cemented Quick Clay in Deep-Mix Stabilization. Global Journal of Engineering Research. vol. 11 (1).
- (2012) Generalized constitutive model for stabilized quick clay. Global Journal of Engineering Research. vol. 11 (2).