Background and activities
I am a social anthropologist doing research in the following areas:
- Robotization, digitization and what is left to man
- Craftsmanship and technology
- Control rooms and telepresence
- Collaborative processes and dialogue in work-life and organizations
- Climate, environment and cultural change
- Human presence
- Meeting points between art and research
I gained my PhD in 2011 with the thesis "Meeting with presence: Between form and emptiness in product development, aikido and anthropological recognition". Previously I worked on product development, web meeting technology development, performance and religious experience studies. I have since 2012 studied adaptations related to climate measures, with special emphasis on the role of craftsmen. I currently study forms of collaboration and culture, especially in the construction industry; collaboration and clustering between industrial companies; Control room operators, crafts and communications in space; digitization, artificial intelligence and automation on construction sites.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Why energy retrofitting in private dwellings is difficult in Norway: Coordinating the framing practices of government, craftspeople and homeowners. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 49.
- (2018) Energy consultants calculating sustainability for residential buildings. Facilities.
- (2017) The Nature of Decision Making in the Practice of Dwelling: A Practice Theoretical Approach to Understanding Maintenance and Retrofitting of Homes in the Context of Climate Change. Society & Natural Resources. vol. 30 (5).
- (2017) Craftsmanship in the machine: sustainability through new roles in building craft at the technologized building site. Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies. vol. 5 (2).
- (2016) Berøring med takknemmelighet. Den antropologiske erkjennelsesprosessen forstått som tingdannelse. Norsk Antropologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 27 (3-4).
- (2016) Implementing Local Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation Actions: the Role of Various Policy Instruments in a Multi-Level Governance Context. Climate. vol. 4 (1).
- (2016) Meeting, moving and writing between formlessness and form. Theatre, Dance and Performance Training. vol. 7 (2).
- (2011) Møte og manifestasjon: Skrivingens vei mellom formløshet og form. Sakprosa. vol. 3 (2).
- (2010) Sniff the rat visits Trondheim; neurons showing the way. Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience. 2010.
- (2018) Edges of Global Transformation: Ethnographies of Uncertainty. Lexington Books. 2018. ISBN 978-1-4985-8407-4.
- (2016) Høyblokka Post-Mortem: Teater som ritual. Novus Forlag. 2016. ISBN 978-82-7099-864-7.
- (2009) Kreativ tverrfaglighet: Teori og praksis. Tapir Akademisk Forlag. 2009. ISBN 978-82-519-2433-7.
Part of book/report
- (2019) Organisational and cultural preconditions for extending the use of takt time planning. Research Conference Proceedings.
- (2019) TEAM-LEADER WALK AS INTERDICIPLINARY COMUNICATION TOOL AT THE BUILDING SITE. Research Conference Proceedings.
- (2019) BUILDING AND SUSTAINING A CULTURE WITH A MINDSET FOR DISRUPTIVE PERFORMANCE: A CASE-STUDY FROM BISPEVIKA NORWAY. Research Conference Proceedings.
- (2019) The Introduction of AI in the Construction Industry and Its Impact on Human Behavior. Research Conference Proceedings.
- (2018) Building Creatures of Uncertainty: Crisis, Storytelling, and Othering in the Norwegian Building Industry. Edges of Global Transformation: Ethnographies of Uncertainty.
- (2018) Conclusion. Edges of Global Transformation: Ethnographies of Uncertainty.
- (2018) Neoliberalism and the Ethnographies of Uncertainty. Edges of Global Transformation: Ethnographies of Uncertainty.
- (2017) Teknologisk produksjon av nærhet og avstand; Klimakrisa, virkemiddelapparatet og de tusen hjem. Trangen til å telle. Objektivering, måling og standardisering som samfunnspraksis.
- Social anthropology
- Working life
- Culture understanding
- Writing across the curriculum
- Product development
- Energy policy
- Energi- og klimaplaner
- Product design
- Distant meeting
- Marial arts
- Organisational antrhopology
- Anthropology of technology