Håkon Olav Leira
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Using the CustusX toolkit to create an image guided bronchoscopy application: Fraxinus. PLOS ONE. vol. 14:e0211772 (2).
- (2019) Semantic segmentation and detection of mediastinal lymph nodes and anatomical structures in CT data for lung cancer staging. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. vol. 14 (6).
- (2019) An open electromagnetic tracking framework applied to targeted liver tumour ablation. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. vol. 14 (9).
- (2018) A new procedure for automatic path planning in bronchoscopy. Materials Today: Proceedings. vol. 5 (13).
- (2018) Peripheral tumour targeting using open-source virtual bronchoscopy with electromagnetic tracking: a multi-user pre-clinical study. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies.
- (2018) ENDOBRONCHIAL TUMOR TARGETING USING A NOVEL ALIGNMENT OF AN OPEN-SOURCE VIRTUAL BRONCHOSCOPY PLATFORM WITH ELECTROMAGNETIC TRACKING: A MULTI-USER PRECLINICAL STUDY. Chest. vol. 154 (4).
- (2018) Pulmonologist evaluation on new CT visualization for guidance to lung lesions during bronchoscopy. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies.
- (2017) An algorithm to obtain a theoretical model of the bronchial tree. Materials Today: Proceedings. vol. 4 (5).
- (2017) Intraoperative localized constrained registration in navigated bronchoscopy. Medical Physics (Lancaster). vol. 44 (8).
- (2017) A new visualization method for navigated bronchoscopy. MITAT. Minimally invasive therapy & allied technologies. vol. 27 (2).
- (2017) A multimodal image guiding system for Navigated Ultrasound Bronchoscopy (EBUS): A human feasibility study. PLOS ONE. vol. 12 (2).
- (2016) A new removable airway stent. European Clinical Respiratory Journal. vol. 3 (1).
- (2016) Virtual bronchoscopy method based on marching cubes and an efficient collision detection and resolution algorithm. Ciencia e Tecnologia dos Materiais. vol. 28.
- (2016) Learning endobronchial ultrasound transbronchial needle aspiration – a 6-year experience at a single institution. Clinical Respiratory Journal. vol. 12 (1).
- (2015) CustusX: an open-source research platform for image-guided therapy. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. vol. 11 (4).
- (2015) Aggressive Treatment of Brain Metastasis Increases Survival in Patients with Lung Cancer. Journal of Pulmonary and Respiratory Medicine. vol. 5 (4).
- (2015) Airway segmentation and centerline extraction from thoracic CT - Comparison of a new method to state of the art commercialized methods. PLOS ONE. vol. 10:e0144282 (12).
- (2015) A novel platform for electromagnetic navigated ultrasound bronchoscopy (EBUS). International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery.
- (2014) Automatic registration of CT images to patient during the initial phase of bronchoscopy: A clinical pilot study. Medical Physics (Lancaster). vol. 41 (4).
- (2014) Navigated bronchoscopy : A technical review. Journal of Bronchology & Interventional Pulmonology. vol. 21 (3).