Hans M. Nordahl
Background and activities
Dr. Nordahl is professor, Ph.D in behavioural medicine at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
My office is located at campus Øya, MTFS room 4423 at Dpartment of Mental Health.
Fields of speciality
- Mental health
- Clinical trials and treatment research
- Mental health and communication
- Trauma and post traumatic stress disorders (PTSD)
- Personality, personality traites, personality disorders
- Anxiety disorders
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Mitigating adolescent social anxiety symptoms: the effects of social support and social self-efficacy in findings from the Young-HUNT 3 study. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- (2019) Lifestyle predictors of successful aging: A 20-year prospective HUNT study. PLOS ONE. vol. 14 (7).
- (2019) A Randomized Controlled Trial of Metacognitive Therapy for Depression: Analysis of 1-Year Follow-Up. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 10.
- (2019) Metacognitive therapy of early traumatized patients with borderline personality disorder: A phase-II baseline-controlled trial. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 10.
- (2019) What lies beneath trait-anxiety? Testing the Self-Regulatory Executive Function Model of vulnerability. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 10:122.
- (2019) Metacognitive therapy for depression: A 3-year follow-up study assessing recovery, relapse, work force participation, and quality of life. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 10.
- (2019) Physical exercise augmented cognitive behaviour therapy for older adults with generalised anxiety disorder (PEXACOG): Study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. vol. 20 : 174 (1).
- (2018) Mechanisms of change in metacognitive and cognitive behavioral therapy for treatment-resistant anxiety: The role of metacognitive beliefs and coping strategies. Journal of Experimental Psychopathology. vol. 9 (3).
- (2018) Adolescent personality traits, low self-esteem and self-harm hospitalisation: a 15-year follow-up of the Norwegian Young-HUNT1 cohort. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- (2018) Metacognitive therapy versus cognitive–behavioural therapy in adults with generalised anxiety disorder. BJPsych Open. vol. 4 (5).
- (2018) Metacognitive therapy vs. eye movement desensitization and reprocessing for posttraumatic stress disorder: Study protocol for a randomized superiority trial. Trials. vol. 19 (16).
- (2018) Explaining depression symptoms in patients with social anxiety disorder: Do maladaptive metacognitive beliefs play a role?. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy. vol. 25 (3).
- (2017) Prevalence and correlates of successful aging in a population-based sample of older adults: The HUNT study. International Psychogeriatrics. vol. 29 (3).
- (2017) Metacognitive therapy for depression in adults: A waiting list randomized controlled trial with six months follow-up. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 8.
- (2017) Metacognitive Therapy in Major Depression: An Open Trial of Comorbid Cases. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice. vol. 24 (3).
- (2017) Metacognition and cognition in inpatient mct and cbt for comorbid anxiety disorders: A study of within-person effects. Journal of Counseling Psychology. vol. 65 (1).
- (2017) Metacognitive therapy versus disorder-Specific CBT for comorbid anxiety disorders: A randomized controlled trial. Journal of Anxiety Disorders. vol. 50.
- (2017) Cognitive and metacognitive predictors of symptom improvement following treatment for social anxiety disorder: A secondary analysis from a randomized controlled trial. Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy. vol. 24 (6).
- (2017) Rational emotive behaviour therapy in high schools to educate in mental health and empower youth health. A randomized controlled study of a brief intervention. Cognitive Behaviour Therapy. vol. 46 (3).
- (2016) Metacognitions in obsessive-compulsive disorder: A psychometric study of the Metacognitions Questionnaire-30. Journal of Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders. vol. 11.
- (2016) Personality traits, gender differences and symptoms of anhedonia: What does the Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale (HADS) measure in nonclinical settings?. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 57 (2).
- (2016) Metacognition and Perspective Taking Predict Negative Self-Evaluation of Social Performance in Patients with SAD. Journal of Experimental Psychopathology. vol. 7 (4).
- (2016) Paroxetine, cognitive therapy or their combination in the treatment of social anxiety disorder with and without avoidant personality disorder: A randomized clinical trial. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics. vol. 85 (6).
- (2016) Physical activity in adolescents who later developed schizophrenia: A prospective case-control study from the Young-HUNT. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry. vol. 70 (2).
- (2016) Metacognitive Therapy applications in Social Anxiety Disorder: An exploratory study of the individual and combined effects of the Attention Training Technique and Situational Attentional Refocusing. Journal of Experimental Psychopathology. vol. 7 (4).
- (2012) Når plager blir sykdom. Kognitiv behandling ved sammensatte lidelser. Cappelen Damm Høyskoleforlaget. 2012. ISBN 9788276349597.
Part of book/report
- (2012) Metacognitive processes in change and therapy. Encyclopedia of the Sciences of Learning.
- (2012) Maladaptive Schemas in patients with or without personality disorders. Encyclopedia of the Sciences of Learning.