Background and activities
Ph.D. and B.Eng. in Computer Science
Research in Big Data and Industrial Internet of Things, High Performance computing (data processing and AI), Software Engineering (formal methods, software certification for safety-critical systems), Security (blockchain, fair exchange, eavesdropping). Application domains include health (cancer, elderly care, medical devices), finance, marine (marine traffic and operations, aquaculture), and sustainable water and energy.
- Recruiting one PhD student
- One paper has been accepted as a regular paper in IEEE Blockchain 2019 (acceptance rate 15.9%)
- I serve as a Senior TPC member for ACM CIKM 2019
- One paper accepted by IEEE TCSS, and one by Elsevier FGCS
- Project PROVIZ kicked off
Teaching AI; Deep Learning.
- Editorial board member, Journal Marine Science and Application, Springer
- Guest editor for SI, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, Springer
- PC (co-)chairs for IEEE CIT 2017, ES 2017, DataCom 2015.
- Senior TPC member for ACM CIKM 2019.
- Reviewer for IEEE TKDE, IEEE T-IFS, IEEE TETC, ACM TOMM, NEUCOM, Sensors (MDPI), and etc.
- PC member for (quite a few) international conferences.
- Outstanding Leadership Award, IEEE CIT 2017
- Outstanding Service Award, DataCom 2015
- Certificate of Appreciation, McMaster Centre for Software Certification, 2014
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) SCTSC: A Semicentralized Traffic Signal Control Mode With Attribute-Based Blockchain in IoVs. IEEE Transactions on Computational Social Systems.
- (2019) Adversarial Samples on Android Malware Detection Systems for IoT Systems. Sensors. vol. 19 (4).
- (2019) TAW: Cost-Effective Threshold Authentication with Weights for Internet of Things. IEEE Access. vol. 7 (1).
- (2019) Sentiment Analysis of Chinese Microblog Based on Stacked Bidirectional LSTM. IEEE Access. vol. 7.
- (2019) Privacy-preserving data search with fine-grained dynamic search right management in fog-assisted Internet of Things. Information Sciences. vol. 491.
- (2018) Recommendation System for Immunization Coverage and Monitoring. Human Vaccines & Immunotherapeutics. vol. 14 (1).
- (2018) Big data and connectivity in long-linked supply chains. The journal of business & industrial marketing. vol. 33 (8).
- (2018) A Clinical Decision Support Framework for Heterogeneous Data Sources. IEEE journal of biomedical and health informatics. vol. 22 (6).
- (2018) A Novel Friendly Jamming Scheme in Industrial Crowdsensing Networks against Eavesdropping Attack. Sensors. vol. 18.
- (2018) Chronic Diseases and Health Monitoring Big Data: A Survey. IEEE Reviews in Biomedical Engineering. vol. 11.
- (2018) New elastic collision optimization algorithm and its application in sensor cloud resource scheduling. Zhejiang Daxue Xuebao (Gongxue Ban). vol. 52 (8).
- (2018) Intrusion Detection Based on Parallel Intelligent Optimization Feature Extraction and Distributed Fuzzy Clustering in WSNs. IEEE Access. vol. 6.
- (2018) Large scale integration of wireless sensor network technologies for air quality monitoring at a logistics shipping base. Journal of Industrial Information Integration. vol. 10 (June).
- (2018) Prediction of Bearing Remaining Useful Life With Deep Convolution Neural Network. IEEE Access. vol. 6.
- (2018) Remaining Useful Life Prediction for Lithium-Ion Battery: A Deep Learning Approach. IEEE Access. vol. 6.
- (2018) Data-Driven Maritime Processes Management Using Executable Models. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10672.
- (2018) Relevant Feedback Based Accurate and Intelligent Retrieval on Capturing User Intention for Personalized Websites. IEEE Access. vol. 6.
- (2018) Energy optimization of parallel programs in a heterogeneous system by combining processor core-shutdown and dynamic voltage scaling. Future generations computer systems. vol. 92.
- (2018) Whole procedure heterogeneous multiprocessors low-power optimization at algorithm-level. Cluster Computing.
- (2018) Three-level performance optimization for heterogeneous systems based on software prefetching under power constraints. Future generations computer systems. vol. 86.