Background and activities
Ph.D. and B.Eng. in Computer Science
Research in Big Data, Knowledge Management, Industrial IoT, HPC, Security&Privacy, in the context of Safety Critical Systems. My research is application-oriented with strong focus on real-world data. ResearchGate
Supervision I enjoy working with students on research/inquery-driven topics. I am particularly proud of the success of those "underdog" students, e.g., my first master student in Norway, with a bachelor in port design, is now a data visual analytics expert in Alibaba Group.
- Elected as the Chair for Sub TC on Healthcare, IEEE IES TC on Industrial Informatics
- Paper "Blockchain-based Privacy Preservation for 5G-enabled Drone Communications", Accepted by IEEE Network.
- Paper "Convergence of Blockchain and Edge Computing for Secure and Scalable IIoT Critical Infrastructures in Industry 4.0", Accepted by IEEE IoT Journal.
- SI: Ubiquitous Edge Computing for Next Generation IoT and 6G: Architecture, Modelling and Systems in Journal of Systems Architecture
- SI: Blockchain for Trustworthy Internet of Things in MDPI Sensors Journal
- RCN INTPART project INID: International Network for Image-based Diagnosis funded
- SI: Security and privacy issues for artificial intelligence in edge-cloud computing in Springer Journal of Cloud Computing
- Topic editor, Sensors, MDPI
- Editorial board member, Journal Marine Science and Application, Springer
- Guest editor for SI, EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, Springer; MDPI Sensors; Springer CCF TPCI; Springer JCC; Hindawi SCN.
- PC (co-)chairs for IEEE CIT 2017, ES 2017, DataCom 2015.
- Senior TPC member for ACM CIKM 2019.
- Reviewer for IEEE TKDE, TII, T-IFS, IoTJ, TETC, ACM TOMM, NEUCOM, and etc.
- PC member for many international conferences.
- Outstanding Paper Award, IEEE CPSCom 2019
- J. Zhou, H.N.Dai, and H.Wang, Portable Convolution Neural Networks for Traffic Sign Recognition in Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Outstanding Leadership Award, IEEE CIT 2017
- Outstanding Service Award, DataCom 2015
- Certificate of Appreciation, McMaster Centre for Software Certification, 2014
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Augmented Data Selector to Initiate Text-Based CAPTCHA Attack. Security and Communication Networks.
- (2021) A Feature Discretization Method for Classification of High-Resolution Remote Sensing Images in Coastal Areas. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing.
- (2021) A Feature Discretization Method Based on Fuzzy Rough Sets for High-resolution Remote Sensing Big Data Under Linear Spectral Model. IEEE transactions on fuzzy systems.
- (2021) Blockchain-Empowered Edge Intelligence for Internet of Medical Things Against COVID-19. IEEE Internet of Things Magazine (IoT). vol. 4 (2).
- (2021) SOS: NDN Based Service-Oriented Game-Theoretic Efficient Security Scheme for IoT Networks. IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management.
- (2021) EZPlugIn: Plug-n-Play Framework for a Heterogeneous IoT Infrastructure for Smart Home. IEEE Internet of Things Magazine (IoT).
- (2021) Evolutionary community discovery in dynamic social networks via resistance distance. Expert Systems With Applications. vol. 171.
- (2021) An intrusion detection method for industrial control systems based on bidirectional simple recurrent unit. Computers & electrical engineering. vol. 91.
- (2021) Deep Learning for Mobile Crowdsourcing Techniques, Methods, and Challenges: A Survey. International Journal of Mobile Information Systems. vol. 2021.
- (2021) An attention‐based category‐aware GRU model for the next POI recommendation. International Journal of Intelligent Systems. vol. 36 (7).
- (2021) A framework for using humanoid robots in the school learning environment. Electronics. vol. 10 (6).
- (2021) Blockchain-Based Power Energy Trading Management. ACM Transactions on Internet Technology. vol. 21 (2).
- (2021) Blockchain-Based Privacy Preservation for 5G-Enabled Drone Communications. IEEE Network. vol. 35 (1).
- (2021) Deep learning for privacy preservation in autonomous moving platforms enhanced 5G heterogeneous networks. Computer Networks. vol. 185.
- (2021) Sport Location-Based User Clustering With Privacy-Preservation in Wireless IoT-Driven Healthcare. IEEE Access. vol. 9.
- (2021) Forecasting cryptocurrency price using convolutional neural networks with weighted and attentive memory channels. Expert Systems With Applications. vol. 183.
- (2021) A New Belief-based Incomplete Pattern Unsupervised Classification Method. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering.
- (2020) On Privacy Aware Carriers for Value-Possessed e-Invoices Considering Intelligence Mining. IEEE Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computational Intelligence (TETCI). vol. 4 (5).
- (2020) Reinforcement Learning-Based Genetic Algorithm in Optimizing Multidimensional Data Discretization Scheme. Mathematical problems in engineering. vol. 2020.
- (2020) Amplified locality‐sensitive hashing‐based recommender systems with privacy protection. Concurrency and Computation.