Background and activities
Hefeng Dong has been professor in Acoustic Remote Sensing at the Department of Electronic Systems (IES) since 2002, in Acoustics Group. Her research interests are underwater acoustics, acoustic remote sensing, geoacoustic and seismic modeling and inversion, low frequency sound propagation and the impact on marine life and passive acoustics, underwater acoustic communication and signal processing.
Hefeng Dong has a BSc. in Physics and a MSc. in Theoretical Physics from Northeaster Normal University, China in 1983 and 1986, respectively, and a PhD in Geoacoustics from Jilin University, China in 1994. She held position with SINTEF Petroleum (2001 - 2002) and has had research visits at University of Victoria, Canada (2008-2009) and University of Delaware (2014-2015).
She is member IEEE & member of Acoustic Society of America.
- TFE4590 - Electronic Systems Design, Specialization Project
- TT8307 - Theoretical Acoustics
- TTT4175 - Marine Acoustics
- TTT4250 - Acoustical Measurement Techniques
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Self-supervised Underwater Source Localization based on Contrastive Predictive Coding. Proceedings of IEEE Sensors.
- (2021) Physics-based characterization of soft marine sediments using vector sensors. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 149 (1).
- (2021) An iterative receiver for time-domain oversampled OFDM system over time-varying underwater acoustic channels. Applied Acoustics. vol. 177.
- (2021) Next generation geophysical sensing: exploring a new wave of geophysical technologies for the energy transition. First Break. vol. 39.
- (2021) Feature Selection Based on Principal Component Regression for Underwater Source Localization by Deep Learning. Remote Sensing. vol. 13 (8).
- (2020) An adapted eigenvalue-based filter for ocean ambient noise processing. Geophysics. vol. 85 (1).
- (2020) Shear-Wave Tomography Using Ocean Ambient Noise with Interference. Remote Sensing. vol. 12 (18).
- (2020) Measurements of underwater noise radiated by commercial ships at a cabled ocean observatory. Marine Pollution Bulletin. vol. 153.
- (2019) Effects of sound exposure from a seismic airgun on heart rate, acceleration and depth use in free-swimming Atlantic cod and saithe. Conservation Physiology. vol. 7.
- (2019) Understanding ocean acoustics by eigenray analysis. Journal of Marine Science and Engineering. vol. 7 (4).
- (2019) Blind deconvolution based equalizer for underwater acoustic communications. Applied Acoustics. vol. 149.
- (2019) Effects of water column variations on sound propagation and underwater acoustic communications. Sensors. vol. 19 (9).
- (2019) Time Diversity Passive Time Reversal for Underwater Acoustic Communications. IEEE Access. vol. 7.
- (2019) Numerical study of the effect of cement defects on flexural-wave logging. Geophysics. vol. 84 (4).
- (2018) Ultrasonic focusing through a steel layer for acoustic imaging. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium. vol. 2018 (October).
- (2018) Survey on Communication and Networks for Autonomous Marine Systems. Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems.
- (2017) Bayesian inference and model selection to investigate seabed shear-wave velocity profiles via interface-wave dispersion inversion. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 142 (4).
- (2017) Model selection for profile structure in Bayesian geoacoustic inversion. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America. vol. 141.
- (2017) Image-guided regularization of marine electromagnetic inversion. Geophysics. vol. 82 (4).
- (2016) Geoacoustic Inversion of Airgun Data Under Influence of Internal Waves. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering. vol. 42 (3).