Background and activities
Area of work
Hege Brende is Centre Director in FME HydroCen - Norwegian Centre for Hydropower Technology, in addition to Norwegian Hydropower Centre (NVKS).
The centres promote and finance research, innovation and education with focus on hydropower technology. The centres is a joint venture between partners in research, industry and govenment. The two centres have a total portfolio exceeding 400 million NOK i the period 2016-2024. NTNU is the host institution for both.
Background and expertise
Hege holds a master degree in Strategy and Innovation management from CBS and has occupied roles within leadership, R&D, innovation, renewable energy and hydropower for more than 16 years. In Statkraft, she was responsible for training and monitoring of innovation practice and was head of Statkraft's largest research program on hydropower in Norway and internationally with a financial framework of over 200 million NOK over four years. Hege has long experience of working as an advisor to both senior management and operational level in areas such as research strategy, innovation and leadership. Hege has served several years on the board and management of research centre CEDREN that is one of the RCN’s major initiatives on environmentally friendly energy (FME).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Vannkraft er det nye blå gullet for Norge. Aftenposten (morgenutg. : trykt utg.).
- (2012) Renewable energy respecting nature. A synthesis of knowledge on environmental impacts of renewable energy financed by the Research Council of Norway. 2012. ISBN 978-82-426-2469-7. NINA rapport (874).
- Knowledge management
- Knowledge management in networks
- Strategic leadership
- Research and innovation policy
- Energi- og klimaplaner
- Innovation management
- Innovation Management and Strategy
- Knowledge management strategy
- renewable energy
- Research Infrastructure