Background and activities
I am a researcher and principal investigator in the research project "Performing ELSA. Governance of and governmentality in nanotechnology and biotechnology research." Since 2016, I am also group leader for "Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI)" at the newly founded, national center for Digital Life Norway. I work at the Centre for Technology and Society at the Department of Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture. My research draws on Critical Policy Studies and Science and Technology Studies (STS).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Making policy move. Towards a politics of translation and assemblage, by John Clarke, Dave Bainton, Noémi Lendvai and Paul Stubbs. Critical Policy Studies. vol. 10 (2).
- (2015) The sun also rises in Norway: Solar scientists as transition actors. Environmental Innovation and Societal Transitions. vol. 16.
- (2013) ‘Don’t make nanotechnology sexy, ensure its benefits, and be neutral’: Studying the logics of new intermediary institutions in ambiguous governance contexts. Science and Public Policy. vol. 40 (4).
- (2011) Trust as Glue in Nanotechnology Governance Networks. NanoEthics. vol. 5 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2015) Co-production and public policy: evidence, uncertainty, and socio-materiality. Handbook of Critical Policy Studies.
- (2015) Preparing for new solar cells through integrated research: challenges in translating social robustness into the selection of materials. Practices of Innovation and Responsibility: insights from methods, governance and action.
- (2010) Uncertainty, Governance. Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Society.
- (2011) Regulating the Unknown: Governing Nanotechnologies by a Logic of Pre-emption. 2011.