Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2014) Responses of biological and chemical components in North East Atlantic coastal water to experimental nitrogen and phosphorus addition - A full scale ecosystem study and its relevance for management. Science of the Total Environment. vol. 473-474 (March).
- (2013) Temperature-dependent feed requirements in farmed blue mussels (Mytilus edulis L.) estimated from soft tissue growth and oxygen consumption and ammonia-N excretion. Aquaculture Research. vol. 44 (4).
- (2012) Incorporation of fish feed and growth of blue mussels (Mytilus edulis) in close proximity to salmon (Salmo salar) aquaculture: Implications for integrated multi-trophic aquaculture in Norwegian coastal waters. Aquaculture. vol. 356.
- (2012) Incorporation of salmon fish feed and feces components in mussels (Mytilus edulis): Implications for integrated multi-trophic aquaculture in cool-temperate North Atlantic waters. Aquaculture. vol. 370-371.
- (2012) Evaluation of egg quality in broodstock cobia Rachycentron canadum L. Aquaculture Research. vol. 43 (3).
- (2012) Carbon, nitrogen and phosphorus resource supply and utilisation for coastal planktonic heterotrophic bacteria in a gradient of nutrient loading. Marine Ecology Progress Series. vol. 447.
- (2011) Growth of farmed blue mussels (Mytilus edulis L.) in a Norwegian coastal area; comparison of food proxies by DEB modeling. Journal of Sea Research. vol. 66 (4).
- (2011) Effects of early weaning strategies on growth, survival and digestive enzyme activities in cobia (Rachycentron canadum L.) larvae. Aquaculture International. vol. 19 (1).
- (2011) Cobia Rachycentron canadum aquaculture in Vietnam: Recent developments and prospects. Aquaculture. vol. 315 (1-2).
- (2010) Effects of Dietary Essential Fatty Acid Levels on Broodstock Spawning Performance and Egg Fatty Acid Composition of Cobia, Rachycentron canadum. Journal of the World Aquaculture Society. vol. 41 (5).
- (2009) Plankton development in Lake Jonsvatn, Norway, after introduction of Mysis relicta: a long-term study. Aquatic Biology. vol. 5 (3).
- (2009) Ontogeny and characterization of some intestinal enzymes in cobia Rachycentron canadum larvae. Special Publications (European Aquaculture Society).
- (2009) Cobia (R. canadum) aquaculture in Vietnam: Recent developments and prospects. Special Publications (European Aquaculture Society).
- (2008) Changes in macroalgae and bottom fauna in the winter period in the regulated Alta River in Northern Norway. Rivers Research and Applications: an international journal devoted to river research and management. vol. 24.
- (2006) A comparative study of responses in planktonic food web structure and function in contrasting European coastal waters exposed to experimental nutrient addition. Limnology and Oceanography. vol. 51.
- (2005) Photosynthetic algal production, accumulation and release of phytoplankton storage carbohydrates and bacterial production in a gradient in daily nutrient supply. Journal of Plankton Research. vol. 27 (8).
- (2003) Is phosphorus limitation of heterotrophic bacteria and accumulation of degradable DOC a normal phenomenon in phosphorus limited systems? A microcosm study. FEMS Microbiology Ecology. vol. 46.
- (2002) Can phosphorus limitation inhibit dissolved organic carbon consumption in aquatic microbial food webs? A microcosm study. Microbial Ecology.
- (2002) Response on scallop culture to enhanced nutrient supply by experimental fertilisation of a landlocked bay. Hydrobiologia.
- (2002) Effect of nutrient supply on growth of blue mussels (Mytilus edulis) in a landlocked bay. Hydrobiologia.