Background and activities
Heran is a postdoctoral research fellow in the industrial ecology programme, working with Prof. Edgar Hertwich and Dr. Dan Moran in city-level carbon footprint. His research focuses on climate changes, sustainable consumption, and supply chain modelling. He specialises in the development of the input-output model, especially at subnational-level. He has published papers in leading journals, such as Nature Climate Change, Nature Communications, One Earth. Prior to NTNU, Heran received a PhD of climate change economics in the University of East Anglia.
He is the guest editor in Frontier in Sustainable Cities.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2022) Estimating CO2 Emissions for 108,000 European Cities. Earth System Science Data. vol. 14.
- (2022) Ageing society in developed countries challenges carbon mitigation. Nature Climate Change. vol. 12.
- (2021) The Consumption-Based Carbon Emissions in the Jing-Jin-Ji Urban Agglomeration Over China's Economic Transition. Earth's Future. vol. 9 (9).
- (2021) The China Carbon Watch (CCW) system: A rapid accounting of household carbon emissions in China at the provincial level. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews.
- (2021) Drivers of fluctuating embodied carbon emissions in international services trade. One Earth. vol. 4 (9).
- (2021) Supply chain effects of China's fast growing marine economy on greenhouse gas emissions. Environmental Research Letters. vol. 16 (5).
- (2021) The driving forces behind the change in energy consumption in developing countries. Environmental Research Letters. vol. 16 (5).
- (2021) Virtual carbon and water flows embodied in global fashion trade - a case study of denim products. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 303.
- (2021) Heterogeneity of consumption-based emissions and driving forces in Indian states. Advances in Applied Energy.
- (2021) Chinese provincial multi-regional input-output database for 2012, 2015, and 2017. Scientific Data. vol. 8.
- (2021) Large inter-city inequality in consumption-based CO2 emissions for China's pearl river basin cities. Resources, Conservation and Recycling. vol. 176.
- (2021) Entropy-based Chinese City-level MRIO table Framework. Economic Systems Research.
- (2020) Role of export industries on ozone pollution and its precursors in China. Nature Communications. vol. 11.
- (2020) Economic footprint of California wildfires in 2018. Nature Sustainability.
- (2020) Embodied carbon emissions in the supply chains of multinational enterprises. Nature Climate Change. vol. 10 (12).
- (2020) Production Globalization Makes China's Exports Cleaner. One Earth. vol. 2 (5).
- (2022) Overrasket over hvem som er klimaverstingene. nrk.no [Internett]. 2022-03-11.
- (2022) Store boliger gjør eldre til klimaverstinger. Byggmesteren [Internett]. 2022-03-15.
- (2022) Folk over 60 er klimaverstingene. Gemini.no [Internett]. 2022-03-10.