Background and activities
Heran is a postdoctoral research fellow in the industrial ecology programme, working with Prof. Edgar Hertwich and Dr. Dan Moran in city-level carbon footprint. His research focuses on climate changes, sustainable consumption, and supply chain modelling. He specialises in the development of the input-output model, especially at subnational-level. He has published papers in leading journals, such as Nature Climate Change, Nature Communications, One Earth. Prior to NTNU, Heran received a PhD of climate change economics in the University of East Anglia.
He is the guest editor in Frontier in Sustainable Cities.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2021) Entropy-based Chinese City-level MRIO table Framework. Economic Systems Research.
- (2020) Role of export industries on ozone pollution and its precursors in China. Nature Communications. vol. 11.
- (2020) Economic footprint of California wildfires in 2018. Nature Sustainability.
- (2020) Embodied carbon emissions in the supply chains of multinational enterprises. Nature Climate Change. vol. 10 (12).
- (2020) Production Globalization Makes China's Exports Cleaner. One Earth. vol. 2 (5).