Hilde Lea Lein
Background and activities
Corrosion and surface technology
Ongoing research projects:
- High temperature corrosion and corrosion protection of metallic interconnects for SOFCs
- Coating oftechnology; stability of dispersions and slips, and improvement and development of different coating techniques
- Coatings for anti-icing applications
- Coatings with anti-fouling properties
- Improved properties of laminate floors
- TMT4900 - Materials Chemistry and Energy Technology, Master's Thesis
- TMT4100 - General Chemistry
- MT3901 - Special Syllabus for Master's Degree
- TMT4910 - Nanotechnology, Master's Thesis
- TMT4510 - Nanotechnology, Specialization Project
- TMT4186 - Materials chemistry
- KJ6002 - Basic Chemistry 2
- TMT4920 - Materials Technology, Master's Thesis
- TMT4500 - Materials Technology, Specialization Project
- MT3900 - Master Thesis in Chemistry
- TMT4905 - Materials Technology, Master's Thesis
- TMT4915 - Solar Cell Systems and Materials, Master's Thesis
- TMT4106 - General Chemistry
- TMT4110 - General Chemistry
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Pinpointing basic sites formed upon incorporation of iron in hierarchical SAPO-11 using catalytic model reactions. Dalton Transactions.
- (2021) First-year university students' perception of chemical bonding and bond energy. Nordic Journal of STEM Education. vol. 4 (2).
- (2021) Evaluating pore characteristics and acid site locations in hierarchical SAPO-11 by catalytic model reactions. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials.
- (2020) Evaluation of surfactant templates for one-pot hydrothermal synthesis of hierarchical SAPO-5. Microporous and Mesoporous Materials.
- (2020) Effects of oxygen mobility in La-Fe-based perovskites on the catalytic zctivity and selectivity of methane oxidation. ACS Catalysis. vol. 10 (6).
- (2020) A novel approach for the evaluation of ice release performance of coatings using static friction measurements. Journal of Coatings Technology and Research (JCTR).
- (2019) Diffusion couple study of the interaction between Cr2O3 and MnCo2O4 doped with Fe and Cu. Solid State Ionics. vol. 332.
- (2018) The potential of functionalized ceramic particles in coatings for improved scratch resistance. Coatings. vol. 8 (6).
- (2018) Thermal expansion and electrical conductivity of Fe and Cu doped MnCo2O4 spinel. Solid State Ionics. vol. 326.
- (2018) Effect of pre-oxidation on the oxidation resistance of Crofer 22 APU. Corrosion Science. vol. 138.
- (2017) Effect of coating density on oxidation resistance and Cr vaporization from solid oxide fuel cell interconnects. Journal of Power Sources. vol. 354.
- (2017) Comparison of iron and copper doped manganese cobalt spinel oxides as protective coatings for solid oxide fuel cell interconnects. Journal of Power Sources. vol. 372.
- (2014) Thermal and mechanical properties of crack-designed thick lanthanum zirconate coatings. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 34 (4).
- (2013) Sample preparation technique on interfacial transition zone of steel fiber reinforced mortar. Concrete Research Letters. vol. 4 (4).
- (2013) Influence of the precursor solution chemistry on the deposition of thick coatings by spray pyrolysis. Surface & Coatings Technology. vol. 221.
- (2013) Lanthanum zirconate thermal barrier coatings deposited by spray pyrolysis. Surface & Coatings Technology. vol. 227.
- (2012) Processing of thin film ceramic membranes for oxygen separation. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 32.
- (2012) Structure, thermal expansion and electrical conductivity of Nb-substituted LaCoO3. Journal of Solid State Chemistry. vol. 192.
- (2011) Microstructural characterization and electrical properties of spray pyrolyzed conventionally sintered or hot-pressed BaZrO3 and BaZr0.9Y0.1O3-delta. Solid State Ionics. vol. 182 (1).
- (2011) Development of Proton Conducting SOFCs Based on LaNbO4 Electrolyte - Status in Norway. Fuel Cells. vol. 11 (1).