Hugo Atle Jakobsen
Background and activities
Professor in computational fluid dynamics applied in chemical reactor engineering.
- TKP4160/KP8904 Transport Phenomena
- TKP4145/KP8902 Reactor Technology
- TKP12 Reactor Modeling (specialization module)
- KP8128 Advanced Reactor Modeling
Multiphase reactive flow modeling
- Reactor technology (e.g., packed bed, fluidized bed, bubble column, bioreactor)
- Phase separation (e.g., scrubbers, gravity separators)
Numerical methods in computational fluid dynamics (single- and multiphase flows)
- Finite volume methods
- Weighted Residual Methods (Collocation, Galerkin, Tau, Least-Squares)
Population Balance Modeling
- Fluid particle breakage and coalescence
- Sorption enhanced - steam methane reforming (SE-SMR)
- TKP4160 - Transport Phenomena
- TKP4535 - Environmental Engineering and Reactor Technology, Specialization Course
- KP8902 - Reactor Technology
- TKP4145 - Reactor Technology
- KP8904 - Transport Phenomena
- TKP4580 - Chemical Engineering, Specialization Project
- KP8128 - Advanced Reactor Modelling
- TKP4581 - Chemical Engineering, Specialization Project
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) On the coalescence of dissolving bubbles in surfactant presence. International Journal of Multiphase Flow. vol. 148.
- (2022) Experimental study of single bubble breakage in turbulent flow field: Evaluation of breakage models. Chemical Engineering Science (CES). vol. 253.
- (2022) Numerical determination of bubble size distribution in Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluid flows based on the complete turbulence spectrum. Chemical Engineering Science (CES). vol. 253.
- (2021) Autothermal Gas-Phase Oxidative Dehydrogenation of Ethane to Ethylene at Atmospheric Pressure. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 60 (18).
- (2021) Coalescence of fluid particles with deformable interfaces in non-Newtonian media. International Journal of Multiphase Flow. vol. 144.
- (2021) Single oil drop breakage in water: Impact of turbulence level in channel flow. Chemical Engineering Science: X. vol. 12 (100111).
- (2021) Experimental Investigation of Single Bubbles Rising in Stagnant Liquid: Statistical Analysis and Image Processing. Physics of Fluids. vol. 33 (10).
- (2021) High-speed image processing of fluid particle breakage in turbulent flow. Chemical Engineering Science: X. vol. 12.
- (2021) On the prediction of coalescence and rebound of fluid particles: A film drainage study. International Journal of Multiphase Flow. vol. 135.
- (2021) Differential Gibbs and Helmholtz reactor models for ideal and non-ideal gases: Applications to the SMR and methanol processes. Chemical Engineering Science (CES). vol. 234.
- (2021) Interface Mass Transfer in Reactive Bubbly Flow: A Rigorous Phase Equilibrium-Based Approach. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 60.
- (2020) Single Drop Breakage in Turbulent Flow: Statistical Data Analysis. Chemical Engineering Science: X. vol. 8.
- (2020) On the Instability of Fluid Particle Interface and Shape Oscillations. International Journal of Multiphase Flow. vol. 136.
- (2020) On the dynamics of fluid particle breakage induced by hydrodynamic instabilities: A review of modelling approaches. Chemical Engineering Science (CES). vol. 219.
- (2020) Applicability of a modified breakage and coalescence model based on the complete turbulence spectrum concept for CFD simulation of gas-liquid mass transfer in a stirred tank reactor. Chemical Engineering Science (CES). vol. 211.
- (2020) Effect of surface viscoelasticity on the film drainage and the interfacial mobility. International Journal of Multiphase Flow. vol. 130.
- (2020) Momentum jump condition for deformable Newtonian interfaces: Rigorous derivation. European journal of mechanics. B, Fluids. vol. 84.
- (2019) An hp-adaptive quadrature method for irregular integrands: Application to the population balance equation birth term. Chemical Engineering Science (CES). vol. 204.
- (2019) Determination of Breakage Parameters in Turbulent Fluid-Fluid Breakage. Chemical Engineering & Technology. vol. 42 (4).
- (2019) On the effect of the approach velocity on the coalescence of fluid particles. International Journal of Multiphase Flow. vol. 119.