Background and activities
Professor in computational fluid dynamics applied in chemical reactor engineering.
- TKP4160/KP8904 Transport Phenomena
- TKP4145/KP8902 Reactor Technology
- TKP12 Reactor Modeling (specialization module)
- KP8128 Advanced Reactor Modeling
Multiphase reactive flow modeling
- Reactor technology (e.g., packed bed, fluidized bed, bubble column, bioreactor)
- Phase separation (e.g., scrubbers, gravity separators)
Numerical methods in computational fluid dynamics (single- and multiphase flows)
- Finite volume methods
- Weighted Residual Methods (Collocation, Galerkin, Tau, Least-Squares)
Population Balance Modeling
- Fluid particle breakage and coalescence
- Sorption enhanced - steam methane reforming (SE-SMR)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Numerical modelling and simulation of hydrogen production via four different chemical reforming processes: Process performance and energy requirements. Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering. vol. 95 (5).
- (2017) On the modeling of one-dimensional membrane reactors: Application to hydrogen production in fixed packed bed. Fuel. vol. 202.
- (2017) A bubble breakage model for finite Reynolds number flows. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. vol. 38 (7).
- (2017) A multifluid-PBE model for simulation of mass transfer limited processes operated in bubble columns. Computers and Chemical Engineering. vol. 110.
- (2017) Modelling and simulation of chemical looping combustion process in a double loop circulating fluidized bed reactor. Chemical Engineering Journal. vol. 320.
- (2017) Modelling and simulation of hydrodynamics in double loop circulating fluidizedbed reactor for chemical looping combustion process. Powder Technology. vol. 310.
- (2017) Modeling and Simulation of Chemical Looping Combustion Using a Copper-Based Oxygen Carrier in a Double-Loop Circulating Fluidized Bed Reactor System. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 56 (50).
- (2016) Modelling of binary fluidized bed reactors for the sorption-enhanced steam methane reforming process. Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering. vol. 95 (1).
- (2016) Implementation of chemical reaction equilibrium by Gibbs and Helmholtz energies in tubular reactor models: Application to steam-methane reforming process. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 140.
- (2016) A Review of the Statistical Turbulence Theory Required Extending the Population Balance Closure Models to the Entire Spectrum of Turbulence. AIChE Journal. vol. 62 (5).
- (2016) A review of the concepts for deriving the equations of change from the classical kinetic theory of gases: Single-component, multicomponent, and reactive gases. European journal of mechanics. B, Fluids. vol. 56.
- (2016) Development of Fluid Particle Breakup and Coalescence Closure Models for the Complete Energy Spectrum of Isotropic Turbulence. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 55.
- (2016) On the Averaging of Equations of Change for Mass, Species Mass, Momentum and Energy - One-Dimensional Pipe Flows. Chemical Engineering Communications. vol. 203 (8).
- (2016) Spectral solution of the breakage-coalescence population balance equation Picard and Newton iteration methods. Applied Mathematical Modelling. vol. 40 (3).
- (2016) Definition of the Single Drop Breakup Event. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research.
- (2016) A theoretical study on drop breakup modeling in turbulent flows: The inertial subrange versus the entire spectrum of isotropic turbulence. Chemical Engineering Science. vol. 149.
- (2015) A numerical study of fixed bed reactor modelling for steam methane reforming process. Canadian Journal of Chemical Engineering. vol. 93 (7).
- (2015) Numerical Solution of the Drop Population Balance Equation Using Weighted Residual and Finite Volume Methods. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. vol. 37.
- (2015) Viscous Drop Breakage in Liquid–Liquid Stirred Dispersions: Population Balance Modeling. Journal of Dispersion Science and Technology. vol. 36 (4).
- (2015) Modeling and simulation of bubbling fluidized bed reactors using a dynamic one-dimensional two-fluid model: The sorption-enhanced steam-methane reforming process. Advances in Engineering Software. vol. 80 (C).