Ida Marie Lyså
Background and activities
Ida Marie Lyså is a postdoc in interdisciplinary childhood and youth studies at the Norwegian Centre for Child Research, Department of Education and Lifelong Learning. She has a MA degree in social anthropology (UiB) and a PhD in interdisciplinary child research (NTNU). Idas PhD dissertation (2018) is about children’s everyday experiences with disciplinarian practices in kindergartens in Shanghai, China. Her postdoctoral project is about the experiences and aspirations of ghanaian youth about their contemporary and future lives in Accra, Ghana.
Ida teaches in several courses on BA, MA and PhD-level in interdisciplinary child research, and supervises master students in Mphil in Childhood studies.
Ida is an editor in the nordic journal BARN.
- Anthropology and child research
- Culture, cultural encounters and migration
- Disciplinarian practices and children's everyday lives
- Qualitative methods, methodology and ethics in child research
- Children and youth in Africa
Research group membership: