Background and activities
Received PhD degree in medicine at Norwegian University of Science and Technology in 2021. Title of the thesis: Intraperitoneal insulin administration - superior choice for an artificial pancreas. Main supervisor: Sverre Christian Christiansen.
Received MSc degree in Natural Science at University of Latvia in 2012. Completed studies at Paul Stradins Health and Social Care College in 2006, where received education in internal medicine and attained the diploma of Biomedical Laboratory Assistant.
Started work as a researcher for the Bone and Endocrinology group in October 2020. The work focuses on vitamin A deficiency and inadequacy during pregnancy, and association with pregnancy outcomes, including birth weight. Main topics: to study the effect of maternal vitamin A inadequacy during pregnancy and BMD, body composition, and metabolic parameters in the offspring; and investigate the effect of vitamin A levels in the osteocyte cell line.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Intraperitoneal insulin administration in pigs: Effect on circulating insulin and glucose levels. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 9 (e001929).
- (2021) Physiological effects of intraperitoneal versus subcutaneous insulin infusion in patients with diabetes mellitus type1: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLOS ONE. vol. 16 (4).
- (2020) Intraperitoneal and subcutaneous glucagon delivery in anaesthetized pigs: effects on circulating glucagon and glucose levels. Scientific Reports. vol. 10.
- (2018) Intraperitoneal, subcutaneous and intravenous glucagon delivery and subsequent glucose response in rats: A randomized controlled crossover trial. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 6 (1).
- (2018) Effect of sensor location on continuous intraperitoneal glucose sensing in an animal model. PLOS ONE. vol. 13:e0205447 (10).
- (2021) Intraperitoneal insulin administration – superior choice for an artificial pancreas?. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2021. ISBN 978-82-326-6322-4. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (334).