Background and activities
I have been working as a researcher since 2020. I am working in the field of endocrinology. My one task is to investigate the vitamin A deficiency in bone mass density. Studies are conducted in the cell laboratory where osteocytes are used to observe different vitamin A level's effects on the growth and protein expression during the denutrition stress. And in the animal facility where rats and their offspring are observed during insufficient vitamin A diet. Bone mineral density, muscle and organ morphology, fat mass, and circulating metabolic biomarker changes during the development are observed.
My second task is clinical data coordinator. The Clinical Data Coordinator has principal responsibility for clinical trials data management, including designing data capture tools, capturing and recording clinical trials data, monitoring and promoting the quality and integrity of data, and preparing summary reports. My duties are: 1) Ensure quality of data submitted from study sites and assure timely entry in the database, submission of data, including appropriate reporting and follow-up for all safety events by site personnel.
2) Establish the Trial Master File at each site including essential and non-essential documents. Ensure current copies of lab certificates, regulatory approvals, clinician’s credentials, etc., are updated in a timely manner and are in compliance.
3) Ensure the conduct of the study is in compliance with the currently approved protocol/amendment(s), with current GCP guidelines and with applicable regulatory requirements.
Received PhD degree in medicine at Norwegian University of Science and Technology in 2021. Title of the thesis: Intraperitoneal insulin administration - superior choice for an artificial pancreas. Main supervisor: Sverre Christian Christiansen.
During my PhD studies (2016-2020), I focused on insulin and glucagon pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics in the animal models; and intraperitoneal insulin infusion benefits in patients with diabetes mellitus type 1.
During my MSc studies (2010-2012), I worked with anaerobic methane-producing bacteria. With a focus on substrate composition in biogas reactor effect on methane production.
During my BSc studies (2006-2010), I worked with years cells (Saccharomyces cerevisiae). With focus on yeast protective abilities during oxidative stress.
The winter meeting 2022 of Norwegian Society for Endocrinology - Norwegian Endocrinological Association, March 9 – 11, 2022, Røros, Norway. Invited speaker (external). Oral presentation. Title: Presentation of Doctoral thesis “Intraperitoneal insulin administration – superior choise for an artificial pancreas?”
The 13th International Conference on Advanced Technologies & Treatments for Diabetes (ATTD), February 19 – 22, 2020, Madrid, Spain. Poster presentation. Title: The metabolic effects of continuous intra-peritoneal insulin infusion, a systematic review.
The 12th International Conference on Advanced Technologies & Treatments for Diabetes (ATTD), February 20 – 23, 2019, Berlin, Germany. Poster presentation. Title: Intraperitoneal insulin administration in pigs: Effect on circulating insulin and glucose levels.
The 11th International Conference on Advanced Technologies & Treatments for Diabetes (ATTD), February 14 – 17, 2018, Vienna, Austria. Poster presentation. Title: Intraperitoneal, subcutaneous and intravenous glucagon delivery in rats: Effects on glucose levels.
The 2nd annual conference of Digital Life Norway Research School, May 30 – June 1, 2018, Trondheim, Norway. Oral presentation. Title: Intraperitoneal insulin administration in pigs: Effect on circulating insulin and glucose levels.
The 10th International Conference on Advanced Technologies & Treatments for Diabetes (ATTD), February 15 – 18, 2017, Paris, France. Poster presentation. Title: Physiologic effects of intraperitoneal vs. subcutaneous insulin delivery in patients with diabetes mellitus type 1: A systematic review.
The 1st annual Digital Life Norway Research school seminar, March 19 – 20, 2017, Oslo, Norway. Oral presentation. Title: Intraperitoneal insulin administration – superior choice for an artificial pancreas? Physiologic effects of IP vs SC insulin delivery in T1DM: a systematic review. Oral presentation.
The 1st International Workshop Hydrogen and Fuel Cells in Research and Applications: facing to Latvia, October 4 – 5, 2012, Riga, Latvia. Oral presentation. Title: Integration of acidogenic and methanogenic processes for simultaneous hydrogen and methane obtaining from complex substrates.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Intraperitoneal insulin administration in pigs: Effect on circulating insulin and glucose levels. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 9 (e001929).
- (2021) Physiological effects of intraperitoneal versus subcutaneous insulin infusion in patients with diabetes mellitus type1: A systematic review and meta-analysis. PLOS ONE. vol. 16 (4).
- (2020) Intraperitoneal and subcutaneous glucagon delivery in anaesthetized pigs: effects on circulating glucagon and glucose levels. Scientific Reports. vol. 10.
- (2018) Intraperitoneal, subcutaneous and intravenous glucagon delivery and subsequent glucose response in rats: A randomized controlled crossover trial. BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 6 (1).
- (2018) Effect of sensor location on continuous intraperitoneal glucose sensing in an animal model. PLOS ONE. vol. 13:e0205447 (10).
- (2021) Intraperitoneal insulin administration – superior choice for an artificial pancreas?. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2021. ISBN 978-82-326-6322-4. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (334).