Background and activities
Ingerid Arbo is reseacher at Department of clinical and molecular medicine, research group obesity / Centre of obesity research and innovation (ObeCe).
Her research is related to physical activity / inactivity and lifestyle and drop-out from vocational education in upper secondary school and the Playpulse innovation project.
- Research coordinator 50% Department of research / NorCRIN, St. Olavs Hospital 2015-
- Researcher 50% Department of clinical and molecular medicine, Faculty of medicine and health sciences, NTNU
- Researcher 20% Centre of obesity research and innovation (ObeCe), St. Olavs Hospital 2014-
- Adviser, Process manager EU focus Obesity 2013-2015
- PhD in Medical Technology, NTNU, Trondheim 2010
- PhD Candidate, Department of Biology, NTNU, Trondheim 2005-09
- Cand. Scient. (MSc) in Cell Biology for Medical Technical Personell, NTNU, Trondheim 2002
- Cand. Mag. in Biotechnology, NTNU, Trondheim 2001
- Senior Engineer, Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim 1996-2013
- Biomedical Laboratory Scientist, Department of Clinical Chemistry, Regional Hospital of Trondheim 1986-96
- Biomedical Laboratory Scientist, Central Lab, Ullevål Hospital, Oslo 1982-86
- Biomedical Laboratory Scientist, Gastroenterology Research Lab, Regional Hospital of Tromsø 1981-82
- Biomedical Laboratory Scientist, Trondheim 1980
Doctoral thesis (2010): "Nutritional lifestyle changes – effects of dietary carbohydrate restriction in healthy obese and overweight humans"
Master thesis (2002): "Na+/H+ - exchanger in heart failure and exercise: Expression in heart tissue measured by competitive RT-PCR"
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Sleeve gastrectomy, but not duodenojejunostomy, preserves total beta-cell mass in Goto-Kakizaki rats evaluated by three-dimensional optical projection tomography. Surgical Endoscopy. vol. 30 (2).
- (2016) Cardiorespiratory fitness in long-term lymphoma survivors after high-dose chemotherapy with autologous stem cell transplantation. British Journal of Cancer. vol. 115 (2).
- (2015) Gastrin secretion after bariatric surgery - response to a protein-rich mixed meal following roux-en-y gastric bypass and sleeve gastrectomy: a pilot study in normoglycemic women. Obesity Surgery. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2015) The effects of high intensity interval training in women with rheumatic disease: a pilot study. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 115 (10).
- (2015) Exercise capacity in lymphoma survivors after high-dose chemotherapy with autologous stem cell transplantation: a national cross-sectional study. Norsk Epidemiologi, Supplement. vol. 25.
- (2014) The effect of duodenojejunostomy and sleeve gastrectomy on type 2 diabetes mellitus and gastrin secretion in Goto-Kakizaki rats. Surgical Endoscopy. vol. 29 (3).
- (2014) Peak oxygen uptake after cardiac rehabilitation: A randomized controlled trial of a 12-month maintenance program versus usual care. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (9).
- (2013) Balanced caloric macronutrient composition downregulates immunological gene expression in human blood cells - adipose tissue responses diverges. Omics. vol. 17 (1).
- (2011) Insulin induces fatty acid desaturase expression in human monocytes. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation. vol. 71 (4).
- (2010) Moderate-Carbohydrate Diet Induces Changes in Leukocyte Gene Expression Patterns and Pro-Inflammatory Biomarkers Towards a More Healthy Phenotype, Compared to a High-Carbohydrate Diet. Journal of Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics. vol. 3 (2-3).
- (2009) Changes in Regulation of Metabolic and Immunological Pathways in Leukocytes Due to Alterations in Macronutrient Composition. Journal of Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics. vol. 2 (4-5).
- (2009) Pathological and physiological hypertrophies are regulated by distinct gene programs. European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation. vol. 16 (6).
- (2008) A Nutrigenomcs Approach to Define a “Lifestyle Algorithm” to Be Used in Cardiovascular Disease Prevention, Diagnosis and Therapy. Journal of Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics. vol. 1 (1-2).
- (2008) Leukocytes – A Reliable Source For Genomewide Screening To Identify Dietary Responses. Journal of Nutrigenetics and Nutrigenomics. vol. 1 (6).
- (2006) Reduced pH and contractility in failing rat cardiomyocytes. Acta Physiologica. vol. 188.
- (2003) Chronic Exposure to Carbon Monoxide and Nicotine: Endothelin ETA Receptor Antagonism Attenuates Carbon Monoxide-Induced Myocardial Hypertrophy in Rat. Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology.
- (1999) Effect of magnesium infusion on bleeding time in healthy male volunteers. Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation. vol. 59.
- (1999) Chronic carbon monoxide exposure in vivo induces myocardial endothelin-1 expression and hypertrophy in rat. Pharmacology and Toxicology. vol. 85.
- (1999) Chronic monoxide exposure in vivo induces myocardial endothelin-1 expression and hyperthrophy in rat. Pharmacology and Toxicology. vol. 85.
- (2014) Treningsprosjektet ved Bygg- og anleggsteknikk Charlottenlund videregående skole - pilotprosjektet skoleåret 2012-2013. 2014.