Background and activities
Principal investigator/group leader at the Department of Neuromedicine and Movement Science, NTNU; Steering committee member, NTNU Biotechnology, Tissue Engineering R&D Stream; Secretary General and elected board member of the Norwegian Neuroscience Society (NNS); member of the Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS).
Research interests: CNS damage and repair, morphogenetic neuroengineering, neuroplasticity/network neuroscience
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Growing gold nanostructures for shape-selective cellular uptake. Nanoscale Research Letters. vol. 13:254.
- (2018) Repopulating Hematopoietic Stem Cells From Steady-State Blood Before And After Ex Vivo Culture Are Enriched In CD34+CD133+CXCR4low Fraction. Haematologica.
- (2018) Neuroplasticity in stroke recovery. The role of microglia in engaging and modifying synapses and networks. European Journal of Neuroscience. vol. 47 (12).
- (2018) Structuring a multi-nodal neural network in vitro within a novel design microfluidic chip. Biomedical microdevices. vol. 20:9.
- (2017) Effects of neural stem cell and olfactory ensheathing cell co-transplants on tissue remodelling after transient focal cerebral ischemia in the adult rat. Neurochemical Research. vol. 42 (6).
- (2017) Epigenetic modulation of stem cells in neurodevelopment: The role of methylation and acetylation. Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience. vol. 11:23.
- (2017) Strategies to enhance implantation and survival of stem cells after their injection in ischemic neural tissue. Stem Cells and Development. vol. 26 (8).
- (2017) Synthesis of gadolinium oxide nanodisks and gadolinium doped iron oxide nanoparticles for MR contrast agents. Journal of materials chemistry. B. vol. 5 (3).
- (2016) Current developments in cell-and biomaterial-based approaches for stroke repair. Expert Opinion on Biological Therapy. vol. 16 (1).
- (2016) L-DOPA-Coated Manganese Oxide Nanoparticles as Dual MRI Contrast Agents and Drug-Delivery Vehicles. Small. vol. 12 (3).
- (2016) Injectable Extracellular Matrix Hydrogels as Scaffolds for Spinal Cord Injury Repair. Tissue Engineering. Part A. vol. 22 (3-4).
- (2015) Controlling the self-assembly and optical properties of gold nanoclusters and gold nanoparticles biomineralized with bovine serum albumin. RSC Advances. vol. 5 (122).
- (2015) Self-assembly and characterization of transferrin-gold nanoconstructs and their interaction with bio-interfaces. Nanoscale. vol. 7 (17).
- (2015) RGD-peptide modified alginate by a chemoenzymatic strategy for tissue engineering applications. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. Part A. vol. 103 (3).
- (2014) Synthesis and in vitro cellular interactions of superparamagnetic iron nanoparticles with a crystalline gold shell. Applied Surface Science. vol. 316 (1).
- (2013) Brain Development after Neonatal Intermittent Hyperoxia-Hypoxia in the Rat Studied by Longitudinal MRI and Immunohistochemistry. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (12).
- (2012) Mn-alginate gels as a novel system for controlled release of Mn2+ in manganese-enhanced MRI. Contrast Media & Molecular Imaging. vol. 7 (2).
- (2012) Labelling of olfactory ensheathing cells with micron-sized particles of iron oxide and detection by MRI. Contrast Media & Molecular Imaging. vol. 7 (4).
- (2012) In vivo MRI of olfactory ensheathing cell grafts and regenerating axons in transplant mediated repair of the adult rat optic nerve. NMR in Biomedicine. vol. 25 (4).
- (2011) Axonal tracing of the normal and regenerating regenerating visual pathway of mouse, rat, frog and fish using manganese-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (MEMRI). Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. vol. 34 (3).