Background and activities
Fields of interest:
- Extractive metallurgy of silicon, ferroalloys, iron and steel,...
- Purification of silicon for solar applications; vacuum refining, slag refining, gas refining, etc.
- Production of alumina
- Thermodynamics and phase relations in metallurgical systems
- Kinetics of metallurgical reactions (reduction, oxidation, gasification, evaporation, ...)
- Carbon materials and their properties for metallurgical processes
- Transport phenomena in metallurgy (heat transfer and mass transfer)
- Metallurgical lab; metallurgical furnaces, experimental design, and materials characterization
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Leaching kinetics and mechanism of slag produced from smelting-reduction of bauxite for alumina recovery. Hydrometallurgy. vol. 195 (105388).
- (2020) Mechanisms of graphite crucible degradation in contact with Si–Al melts at high temperatures and vacuum conditions. Vacuum. vol. 171.
- (2020) On the Direct Reduction Phenomena of Bauxite Ore Using H2 Gas in a Fixed Bed Reactor. Journal of Sustainable Metallurgy. vol. 6 (2).
- (2020) Phosphorus separation from metallurgical-grade silicon by magnesium alloying and acid leaching. Separation and Purification Technology.
- (2019) The leachability of a ternary CaO-Al2O3-SiO2 slag produced from smelting-reduction of low-grade bauxite for alumina recovery. Hydrometallurgy. vol. 191.
- (2019) Leaching characteristics and mechanism of the synthetic calcium-aluminate slags for alumina recovery. Hydrometallurgy. vol. 185.
- (2019) Kinetics and Mechanism of Low-Grade Manganese Ore Reduction by Natural Gas. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 50 (4).
- (2019) Gaseous reduction of manganese ores: A review and theoretical insight. Mineral Processing and Extractive Metallurgy Review.
- (2019) Mechanisms of graphite crucible degradation in contact with Si–Al melts at high temperatures and vacuum conditions. Vacuum. vol. 171.
- (2019) Kinetic study of vacuum evaporation of elements from ternary melts; case of dilute solution of P in Si-Al melts. Separation and Purification Technology. vol. 235.
- (2019) The Use of Eutectic Fe-Si-B Alloy as a Phase Change Material in Thermal Energy Storage Systems. Materials. vol. 12 (14).
- (2019) High Temperature Interaction of Si-B Alloys with Graphite Crucible in Thermal Energy Storage Systems. Materials. vol. 13 (29).
- (2019) Reaction Rates of 2SiO2+SiC=3SiO+CO in Pellets at Elevated Temperatures. Aspects in Mining & Mineral Science (AMMS). vol. 3 (2).
- (2018) Characteristics of Calcium-Aluminate Slags and Pig Iron Produced from Smelting-Reduction of Low-Grade Bauxites. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 49 (5).
- (2018) AMADEUS: Next generation materials and solid state devices for ultra high temperature energy storage and conversion. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 2033.
- (2018) Thermochemical Aspects of Boron and Phosphorus Distribution Between Silicon and BaO-SiO2 and CaO-BaO-SiO2 slags. Silicon. vol. 11 (1).
- (2017) Effect of acid leaching conditions on impurity removal from silicon doped by magnesium. AIMS Energy. vol. 5 (4).
- (2017) Wetting Behavior and Reactivity of Molten Silicon with h-BN Substrate at Ultrahigh Temperatures up to 1750 °C. Journal of materials engineering and performance (Print). vol. 27 (201).
- (2016) Mechanisms and Kinetics of Boron Removal from Silicon by Humidified Hydrogen. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 47 (2).
- (2015) Microscopic Study of Carbon Surfaces Interacting with High Carbon Ferromanganese Slag. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B. vol. 46B.