Jon Atle Gulla
Background and activities
Jon Atle Gulla is professor of Information Systems at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim, Norway, since 2002. He was the head of the Department of Computer and Information Science 2010—2012 and the deputy head 2009-2010 and 2012-2013. He is the co-leader of the Web Intelligence and Semantics lab.
Gulla received his MSc in 1988 and his PhD in 1993, both in Information Systems at the Norwegian Institute of Technology. He also has a MSc in Linguistics from the University of Trondheim from 1995 and a MSc of Management (Sloan fellow) from London Business School from 2003.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Dynamic attention-based explainable recommendation with textual and visual fusion. Information Processing & Management.
- (2019) Learning multi-granularity dynamic network representations for social recommendation. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11052 LNAI.
- (2019) Real-time social recommendation based on graph embedding and temporal context. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies. vol. 121.
- (2019) Anbefaling av nyhetsinnhold i praksis: Fra algoritmer til personaliserte nyheter. Norsk Medietidsskrift. vol. 26 (1).
- (2019) Dynamic attention-integrated neural network for session-based news recommendation. Machine Learning.
- (2018) Evaluation of team dynamics in Norwegian projects for IT students. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2018) Content-Based Recommendations for Sustainable Wardrobes Using Linked Open Data. Journal on spesial topics in mobile networks and applications. vol. 23.
- (2018) Towards new privacy regulations in europe: Users' privacy perception in recommender systems. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11342 LNCS.
- (2018) Female Leadership in Software Projects—A Preliminary Result on Leadership Style and Project Context Factors. Studies in Computational Intelligence. vol. 733.
- (2018) On the difficulties of using machine learning on industrial texts. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2316.
- (2017) Fake news detection: Network data from social media used to predict fakes. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2041.
- (2017) Design and Development of a Mobile Decision Support System: Guiding Clinicians Regarding Law in the Practice of Psychiatry in Emergency Department. Computer-Based Medical Systems. vol. 2017-June.
- (2017) Rethinking Conventional Collaborative Filtering for Recommending Daily Fashion Outfits. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1887.
- (2017) A joint model for analyzing topic and sentiment dynamics from large-scale online news. World wide web (Bussum).
- (2017) Investigating contextual ontologies and document corpus characteristics for information access in engineering settings. Journal of IT Cases and Applications. vol. 19 (1).
- (2017) Towards an understanding of fake news. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2041.
- (2016) The Intricacies of Time in News Recommendation. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1618.
- (2016) 4th international workshop on news recommendation and analytics (INRA 2016). CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1618.
- (2016) Third International Workshop on News Recommendation and Analytics (INRA). CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1542.
- (2016) Sentiment analysis of Norwegian Twitter news entities. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1818.