Background and activities
Research areas and interests: international migration, integration, mobility, urban and rural areas, prison sociology, social theory, qualitative research methods
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Unsettled settlement? Translocal social anchoring and patterns of (im)mobility among Polish families in rural Norway. Geoforum. vol. 126.
- (2021) From Valued Stayers to Working Hands? The Social Consequences of Changing Employment Relations Among Polish Migrants in Farmed Salmon Industry in Rural Norway. European Countryside. vol. 13 (3).
- (2020) Positioning in ‘relational claustrophobia’- ethical reflections on researching small international migrant communities in rural areas. Journal of Rural Studies. vol. 78.
- (2020) Processes of socio-spatial exposures and isolations among Polish labour migrants in rural Norway: Exploring social integration as a lived experience. European Urban and Regional Studies. vol. 27 (4).
- (2019) Gender, parenthood, and feelings of safety in Greek refugee centres. Journal of Refugee Studies. vol. 32.
- (2017) Transnasjonale helsepraksiser. Bruk av helsetjenester blant polske arbeidsinnvandrere i Norge. Nordisk tidsskrift for helseforskning. vol. 13 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2021) Når hjemme er borte og borte hjemme: fortellinger om lokalintegreringens komplekse dynamikk. Fortellinger om integrering i norske lokalsamfunn.
- (2020) ‘Living on the edge’? A comparative study of processes of marginalisation among Polish migrants in rural Germany and Norway. International Labour Migration to Europe’s Rural Regions.
- (2018) Vagabonder i det globaliserte fengslet. Fengslende sosiologi, Makt, straff og identitet i Trondheims fengsler.
- (2021) To be or to belong? Processes of (g)localised integration among Polish migrants in rural Norway. 2021. Doctoral theses at NTNU;2021:16 (205).