Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Large inter-individual differences in responses to a block of high intensity aerobic interval training: A case series in national-level cyclists and triathletes. International Journal of Exercise Science. vol. 13 (2).
- (2020) Maximal strength training in patients with Parkinson's disease : impact on efferent neural drive, force generating capacity, and functional performance. Journal of applied physiology. vol. 129 (4).
- (2020) Improving Utilization of Maximal Oxygen Uptake and Work Economy in Recreational Cross-Country Skiers With High-Intensity Double-Poling Intervals. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance (IJSPP). vol. 16 (1).
- (2020) No change – no gain; The effect of age, sex, selected genes and training on physiological and performance adaptations in cross-country skiing. Frontiers in Physiology.
- (2020) Digital training as medicine. Gerontechnology. vol. 19 suppl.
- (2020) Factors Influencing Running Velocity at Lactate Threshold in Male and Female Runners at Different Levels of Performance. Frontiers in Physiology. vol. 11.
- (2019) Prediction of upper extremity peak oxygen consumption from heart rate during submaximal arm cycling in young and middle-aged adults. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 119 (11-12).
- (2019) Stronger Is Better: The Impact of Upper Body Strength in Double Poling Performance. Frontiers in Physiology. vol. 10.
- (2018) Reliability of forearm oxygen uptake during handgrip exercise : assessment by ultrasonography and venous blood gas. Physiological Reports. vol. 6:e13696 (10).
- (2018) Arm Cycling Combined with Passive Leg Cycling Enhances VO2peak in Persons with Spinal Cord Injury Above the Sixth Thoracic Vertebra. Topics in Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation. vol. 24 (1).
- (2017) Blood flow regulation and oxygen uptake during high-intensity forearm exercise. Journal of applied physiology. vol. 122 (4).
- (2017) Validity of forearm oxygen uptake during handgrip exercise : assessment by ultrasonography and venous blood gas. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49 (5S).
- (2017) Physical Fitness Protects Against Age-Related Vascular Dysfunction in the Lower Limb. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49.
- (2017) High-intensity aerobic interval training improves aerobic fitness and HbA1c among persons diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 117 (3).
- (2017) The effect of age on the VO2max response to high-intensity interval training. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49 (1).
- (2017) Blood flow regulation and oxygen uptake during high intensity forearm exercise. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49 (5S).
- (2017) Impact of maximal strength training on work efficiency and muscle fiber type in the elderly: Implications for physical function and fall prevention. Experimental Gerontology. vol. 91.
- (2016) The effect of physical activity on passive leg movement-induced vasodilation with age. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 48 (8).
- (2016) Increased blood lactate level deteriorates running economy in World class endurance athletes. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 30 (5).
- (2016) Day to day variability in fat oxidation and the effect after only 1 day of change in diet composition. Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism. vol. 41 (4).