Background and activities
In the framework of a Feodor Lynen Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt foundation I am currently working at NTNU. I am working with Dennis Meier to engineer the conductivity of domain walls in single- and polycrystalline hexagonal manganite model materials, which is an important requirement for future all-domain wall devices.
I received my B.Sc. and MSC degree from the University of Erlangen-Nurnberg in the group of Prof. Greil. During my studies I was working as a research scholar in the group of Prof. Messing at Pennsylvania State and Prof. Gauckler at ETH. I received my PhD in 2018 in the group of Prof. Rödel at TU Darmstadt working together with Dr. Koruza on functional polycrystalline ceramic materials. In the frame of my PhD thesis I investigated the mechanism of polarization reversal in polycrystalline ferroelectric/ferroelastic ceramics. We illustrated the mechanism as a well-defined sequence of switching events physically originating from an interplay between local electric and mechanical fields.
- Scanning Probe Microscopy
- Polycrystalline Ceramic Materials
- Dielectric, Piezoelectric and Ferroelectric Materials
- X-Ray Microscopy
- Ceramic Processing
- JECS Trust Poster Award (Electroceramics XVII, 08/2020)
- Acta Student Award (02/2020)
- Young Talent Award from the German Society for Materials Science (DGM, 11/2019)
- Globald Distinguished Doctoral Dissertatation Award (ACerS, 10/2019)
- Feodor-Lynen Research Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Society (2019)
- Edward C. Henry Best Paper Award (ACers, 10/2018)
- Student Poster Competition Gold Award (ISAF, 05/2017)
- Best Poster Award (ISAF, 08/2016)
- 3rd Price of Hans-Walter-Hennicke Competition (DKG, 03/2015)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Multistep stochastic mechanism of polarization reversal in rhombohedral ferroelectrics. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 102 (6).
- (2020) Domain wall-grain boundary interactions in polycrystalline Pb(Zr0.7Ti0.3)O3 piezoceramics. Journal of the European Ceramic Society. vol. 40 (12).
- (2020) Origin of high electromechanical properties in (K,Na)NbO3-based lead-free piezoelectrics modified with BaZrO3. PHYSICAL REVIEW MATERIALS. vol. 4 (6).