Background and activities
Janna Cropotova was awarded a PhD degree in 2016 in the field of Food Technology.
From 2017, she worked as postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Biotechnology and Food Science at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).
From August 2019, she started to work as Associate Professor at the Department of Biological Sciences Ålesund (NTNU).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) The Effect of Sous-vide Cooking Parameters, Chilled Storage and Antioxidants on Quality Characteristics of Atlantic Mackerel (Scomber Scombrus) in Relation to Structural Changes in Proteins. Food technology and biotechnology. vol. 57 (2).
- (2019) Superchilled, chilled and frozen storage of Atlantic mackerel (Scomber scombrus) fillets – changes in texture, drip loss, protein solubility and oxidation. International journal of food science & technology. vol. 54 (6).
- (2019) Assessment of lipid oxidation in Atlantic mackerel (Scomber scombrus)subjected to different antioxidant and sous-vide cooking treatments by conventional and fluorescence microscopy methods. Food Control. vol. 104.
- (2019) The Influence of Cooking Parameters and Chilled Storage Time on Quality of Sous-Vide Atlantic Mackerel (Scomber scombrus). Journal of Aquatic Food Product Technology. vol. 28 (5).
- (2019) A novel fluorimetric assay for visualization and quantification of protein carbonyls in muscle foods. Food Chemistry. vol. 297.
- (2018) A non-invasive approach to assess texture changes in sous-vide cooked Atlantic mackerel during chilled storage by fl uorescence imaging. Food Control. vol. 92.
- (2018) Assessing changes in quality characteristics of sous-vide cooked Atlantic mackerel during chilled storage by multiple regression analysis. 48th West European Fish Technologists Association Conference (WEFTA) . West European Fish Technologists Association; Lisbon. 2018-10-15 - 2018-10-19.
- (2018) Protein oxidation in sous-vide cooked Atlantic mackerel and its potential implications for the fish quality. The 9th International Congress of Food Technologists, Biotechnologists and Nutritionists . University of Zagreb; Zagreb. 2018-10-03 - 2018-10-05.
- (2018) Application of fluorescence spectroscopy techniques for fast and non-destructive analysis of lipid oxidation in fish products. The 32nd EFFoST International Conference . EFFOST; Nantes. 2018-11-06 - 2018-11-08.
- (2018) Protein oxidation affecting quality parameters of haddock and mackerel minces subjected to high-pressure pre-treatment and frozen storage. IFT-EFFoST 2018 International Nonthermal Processing Workshop and Short course . ProDal and University of Salerno; Sorrento-Salerno. 2018-09-25 - 2018-09-27.
- (2018) Changes in quality characteristics of haddock and mackerel minces, and fishcakes prepared thereof as affected by high-pressure processing. The 32nd EFFoST International Conference . EFFOST; Nantes. 2018-11-06 - 2018-11-08.
- (2018) Quality changes of Atlantic mackerel during superchilled, chilled and frozen storage. 48th West European Fish Technologists Association Conference (WEFTA) 2018 . IPMA; Lisboa. 2018-10-15 - 2018-10-18.
- (2017) Application of fluorescence microscopy for non-invasive assessment of fish tissue degradation due to enzyme activity during superchilled storage. The 31st EFFoST international conference . The European Federation of Food Science & Technology; Sitges. 2017-11-13 - 2017-11-16.
- (2017) Studying the development of lipid oxidation in Sous-vide cooked Atlantic mackerel during chilled storage. 15th Euro Fed lipid congress . European Federation for the science and technology of lipids; Uppsala. 2017-08-27 - 2017-08-30.
- (2017) An integrated approach to assess textural changes of sous-vide cooked mackerel in relation to breakdown of its connective tissue. 47th West European Fish Technologists Association Conference . BIM Ireland; Dublin. 2017-10-09.
- (2017) Potential of fluorescence microscopy technique to assess lipid peroxidation status in sous-vide cooked Atlantic mackerel during chilled storage. The 8th International Symposium on Recent Advances in Food Analysis . Univ. Chemistry and Technol. Prague + Wageningen Univ.; Prague. 2017-10-07 - 2017-10-10.
- (2017) Quality changes in mackerel during cold storage, freezing, chilling and super-chilling temperatures. 47th West European Fish Technologists Association Conference . BIM Ireland; Dublin. 2017-10-09 - 2017-10-13.
- (2017) Texture changes in Atlantic mackerel during chilled and superchilled storage. 47th West European Fish Technologists Association Conference, . BIM, Ireland; Dublin. 2017-10-09 - 2017-10-13.
- (2017) Innovative processing to preserve positive health effects in pelagic fish products - ProHealth. WEFTA ; Dublin. 2017-10-09 - 2017-10-12.