Background and activities
Janna Cropotova was awarded a PhD degree in 2016 in the field of Food Technology.
From 2017, she worked as postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Biotechnology and Food Science at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU).
From August 2019, she started to work as Associate Professor at the Department of Biological Sciences Ålesund (NTNU).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Sensory and physicochemical quality characteristics of Haddock fish cake enriched with atlantic mackerel. Food technology and biotechnology. vol. 59 (1).
- (2021) The combined effect of pulsed electric field treatment and brine salting on changes in the oxidative stability of lipids and proteins and color characteristics of sea bass (Dicentrarchus labrax). Heliyon. vol. 7 (1).
- (2021) Study of the influence of pulsed electric field pre-treatment on quality parameters of sea bass during brine salting. Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies. vol. 70.
- (2021) Combined effects of ultrasound, plasma-activated water, and peracetic acid on decontamination of mackerel fillets. Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + Technologie.
- (2020) Influence of high-pressure processing on quality attributes of haddock and mackerel minces during frozen storage, and fishcakes prepared thereof. Innovative Food Science & Emerging Technologies. vol. 59.
- (2020) A new fluorimetric method for simultaneous determination of lipid and protein hydroperoxides in muscle foods with the use of diphenyl-1-pyrenylphosphine (DPPP). Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + Technologie. vol. 128.
- (2020) Use of spectroscopic techniques for a rapid and non-destructive monitoring of thermal treatments and storage time of sous-vide cooked cod fillets. Sensors. vol. 20 (8).
- (2020) Superchilled, chilled and frozen storage of Atlantic mackerel (Scomber scombrus) – effect on lipids and low molecular weight metabolites. International Journal of Food Science & Technology.
- (2020) Effect of Cold Plasma on Meat Cholesterol and Lipid Oxidation. Foods. vol. 9 (12).
- (2019) The Effect of Sous-vide Cooking Parameters, Chilled Storage and Antioxidants on Quality Characteristics of Atlantic Mackerel (Scomber Scombrus) in Relation to Structural Changes in Proteins. Food technology and biotechnology. vol. 57 (2).
- (2019) Superchilled, chilled and frozen storage of Atlantic mackerel (Scomber scombrus) fillets – changes in texture, drip loss, protein solubility and oxidation. International Journal of Food Science & Technology. vol. 54 (6).
- (2019) Assessment of lipid oxidation in Atlantic mackerel (Scomber scombrus)subjected to different antioxidant and sous-vide cooking treatments by conventional and fluorescence microscopy methods. Food Control. vol. 104.
- (2019) The Influence of Cooking Parameters and Chilled Storage Time on Quality of Sous-Vide Atlantic Mackerel (Scomber scombrus). Journal of Aquatic Food Product Technology. vol. 28 (5).
- (2019) A novel fluorimetric assay for visualization and quantification of protein carbonyls in muscle foods. Food Chemistry. vol. 297.
- (2018) A non-invasive approach to assess texture changes in sous-vide cooked Atlantic mackerel during chilled storage by fl uorescence imaging. Food Control. vol. 92.