Background and activities
Yuming Jiang received his BSc degree from Peking University, MEng degree from Beijing Institute of Technology, and PhD degree from the National University of Singapore (NUS). Before his PhD study, he worked with Motorola. He was a Research Engineer at NUS, from 1999 to 2001. From 2001 to 2003, he was with the Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), Singapore as a Member of Technical Staff and Research Scientist. In Jan 2004, he joined the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), and since Dec 2005, he has been a full Professor at NTNU. He visited Northwestern University, USA, from Aug 2009 - July 2010, and Columbia University, USA, from Aug 2015 - July 2016.
He is recipient of a fellowship from the European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics (ERCIM). He was Co-Chair of IEEE Globecom2005— General Conference Symposium, TPC Co-Chair of 67th IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC) 2008, General/TPC Co-Chair of International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS) 2007-2010, General Chair of IFIP Networking 2014 Conference, and Chair of 2018 International Workshop on Network Calculus and Applications (NetCal 2018). He was Chair and presently board member of IEEE Norway Section.
His research interests are in the provision and analysis of quality of service guarantees in communication networks, network management, and network calculus. In the area of network calculus, his focus has been on developing fundamental models and investigating their basic properties for stochastic network calculus (snetcal), and recently also on applying snetcal to performance analysis of wireless networks and on extending snetcal to information-driven networks and energy/power networks. He is author of the book ”Stochastic Network Calculus” published by Springer in 2008.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Local voting protocol step-size choice for consensus achievement. International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics. vol. 6 (1/2).
- (2018) Non-Asymptotic Delay Bounds for Multi-Server Systems with Synchronization Constraints. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. vol. 29 (7).
- (2018) An Approach to Detect Anomalous Degradation in Signal Strength of IEEE 802.15.4 Links. 2018 15th Annual IEEE International Conference on Sensing, Communication, and Networking (SECON).
- (2018) Modeling Packet Loss Rate of IEEE 802.15.4 Links in Diverse Environmental Conditions. 2018 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC).
- (2018) A Basic Result on the Superposition of Arrival Processes in Deterministic Networks. 2018 IEEE GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS CONFERENCE (GLOBECOM).
- (2018) Revenue-Maximizing Radio Access Technology Selection with Net Neutrality Compliance in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks. Wireless Communications & Mobile Computing. vol. 2018.
- (2018) Toward Optimal Distributed Node Scheduling in a Multihop Wireless Network Through Local Voting. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. vol. 17 (1).
- (2018) Measures for Network Structural Dependency Analysis. IEEE Communications Letters. vol. 22 (10).
- (2018) ClusPR: Balancing Multiple Objectives at Scale for NFV Resource Allocation. IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management. vol. 15 (4).
- (2018) An LQI-Based Packet Loss Rate Model for IEEE 802.15.4 Links. 2018 IEEE 29th Annual International Symposium on Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC).
- (2018) Survey on Communication and Networks for Autonomous Marine Systems. Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems.