Background and activities
Ph.D. in Software Engineering (NTNU) (2006)
- IBM: Software specialist (2001-2002)
- DNV GL Research and Innovation: Principal Researcher (2010-2016)
- University College London (2005)
- University of Washington (2009)
- Empirical software engineering
- Software security and data privacy
- AI security
- Blockchain technologies
- Safety of intelligent systems
- Smart city
- Big data analytics
If you are interested in applying for ERCIM postdoc fellowship related to AI security or Blockchain Security and Privacy, please contact me.
Recent research projects
- Platform as Service Technologies for High-performance Blockchain-based Supply Chain Management Systems (PaaSforChain) (2020-2023) (PI)
- A Smart Mobile App to Facilitate Rehabilitation of Stroke Patients (SmartRehab)(2020-2021)(PI)
- CyberSmart - Cybersecurity, Safety, and Resilience of Smart cities (2017-2020) (PI)
- Management of Safety and Security Risks for Cyber-Physical Systems (2017-2020) (PI)
- IPIT: International Partnerships for Excellent Education and Research in Information Technology (2018-2020)(Co-PI)
- CIRCit - Circular Economy Integration in the Nordic Industry for Enhanced Sustainability and Competitiveness (2017-2020) (Work Package leader)
- SAREPTA - Safety, Autonomy, Remote Control and Operations of Industrial Transport Systems (2017-2020) (Key Scientist)
- SafeCop – Safe Cooperating Cyber-Physical Systems using Wireless Communication (2016-2019) (Key Scientist)
- Model-Based Testing of Spacecraft Control Software (2011-2013) (Key Scientist)
- Software security (TDT4237)
- Advanced software engineering (TDT4242)
Current Postdoc and Ph.D. students
- Jin Zhang (Ph.D. student)
- Nektaria Kaloudi (Ph.D. student)
- Jakob Notland (Ph.D. student)
- Mathias Lundteigen Mohus (Ph.D. student)
- Tianyuan Hu (Visiting Ph.D. student)
- Mohammed L. K. Alsadi (Postdoc)
- Hui Han (Postdoc)
Previous Postdoc and Ph.D. students
- Weifeng Liu (Postdoc)
- Zhe Li (Postdoc)
- Hong Guo (Postdoc)
- Bing Zhang (Visiting Ph.D. student)
- Eivind Kristoffersen (Ph.D. student)
- Elnaz Namazi (Ph.D. student)
Google Scholar Profile
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Efficiency and Effectiveness of Web Application Vulnerability Detection Approaches: A Review. ACM Computing Surveys. vol. 54 (9).
- (2021) The effects of business analytics capability on circular economy implementation, resource orchestration capability, and firm performance. International Journal of Production Economics. vol. 239.
- (2021) Towards a business analytics capability for the circular economy. Technological Forecasting and Social Change. vol. 171.
- (2020) The AI-based cyber threat landscape: A survey. ACM Computing Surveys. vol. 53 (1).
- (2020) The smart circular economy: A digital-enabled circular strategies framework for manufacturing companies. Journal of Business Research.
- (2020) Testing and verification of neural-network-based safety-critical control software: A systematic literature review. Information and Software Technology. vol. 123.
- (2019) Developing a circular strategies framework for manufacturing companies to support circular economy-oriented innovation. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 241.
- (2019) A deep learning approach for anomaly detection based on SAE and LSTM in mechanical equipment. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. vol. 103 (1-4).
- (2019) An experimental evaluation of bow-tie analysis for security. Information and Computer Security. vol. 26 (4).
- (2019) Intelligent intersection management systems considering autonomous vehicles: A systematic literature review. IEEE Access. vol. 7.
- (2019) Tracking Runtime Concurrent Dependences in Java Threads Using Thread Control Profiling. Journal of Systems and Software. vol. 148.
- (2012) CBCD: Cloned buggy code detector. Proceedings - International Conference on Software Engineering.
- (2012) Enhancing Defect Tracking Systems to Facilitate Software Quality Improvement. IEEE Software. vol. 29 (2).
- (2011) Selection of third party software in Off-The-Shelf-based software development-An interview study with industrial practitioners. Journal of Systems and Software. vol. 84 (4).
- (2010) Change profiles of a reused class framework vs. two of its applications. Information and Software Technology. vol. 52 (1).
- (2009) A case study comparing defect profiles of a reused framework and of applications reusing it. Empirical Software Engineering. vol. 14 (2).
- (2009) Development with off-the-shelf components: 10 facts. IEEE Software. vol. 26 (2).
- (2008) An empirical study on software development with open source components in the chinese software industry. Software Process: Improvement and Practice (SPIP). vol. 13 (1).
- (2008) A State-of-the-Practice Study on Risk Management in Development with Off-the-Shelf Software Component. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. vol. 34 (2).
- (2008) A State-of-the-Practice Study on Communication and Coordination between Chinese Software Suppliers and Their Global Outsourcers. Software Process: Improvement and Practice (SPIP). vol. 13.
- (2006) An empirical study of variations in COTS-based software development processes in the Norwegian IT industry. Empirical Software Engineering. vol. 11 (3).
- (2006) An empirical study on decision making in off-the-shelf component-based development. Proceedings - International Conference on Software Engineering.
- (2006) A Case Study on Improving Changeability of COTS-Based System Using Aspect-Oriented Programming. Journal of information science and engineering. vol. 22 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2021) Critical Understanding of Security Vulnerability Detection Plugin Evaluation Reports. Proceedings of the 28th Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference (APSEC 2021).
- (2021) High-Performance Asynchronous Byzantine Fault Tolerance Consensus Protocol. Proceedings of the 2021 IEEE International Conference on Blockchain (Blockchain).
- (2021) Consensus in Blockchain Systems with Low Network Throughput: A Systematic Mapping Study. Proceedings of the 3rd Blockchain and Internet of Things Conference (BIOTC 2021).