Background and activities
I got my Master in Artificial Intelligence and Ph.D. in Software Engineering. My research focuses cover these two fields and their interactions.
One key issue I want to address is "System and Software Engineering for Smart System", i.e., how to use system and software engineering approaches to improve security, safety, and reliability of smart systems, e.g. autonomous vehicle, autonomous boat, and smart city. The relevant projects I am leading or working on for this topic include:
- Security and safety of cyber-physical systems (Supervising 1 PhD student)
- Security, safety, and resilience of smart city (Supervising 1 PhD student)
- Safety, autonomy, remote control and operations of industrial transport systems (Working as a researcher and collaborating with SINTEF Digital)
- Source code analysis of software vulnerabilities (Supervising 1 visiting PhD student)
Another topic I am interested in is "Smart Software and System Engineering", i.e., using modern Artificial Intelligence, IoT, and Data analytic approaches to solve engineering problems. The relevant projects I am leading or working on for this topic include:
- Intelligent traffic control of autonomous vehicles (Supervising 1 PhD student)
- Circular Economy, IoT, and Big Data analytics (Supervising 1 PhD student)
In addition, I am supervising more than 10 Master students. The research focuses of my Master students include:
- Agile software engineering methods and tools
- Methods and tools for analyzing safety and security of autonomous systems
- Smart healthcare mobile apps
- Applications and platforms using blockchain technologies
- Security testing of web application and web application platforms
- Computer games for software security education
- Open-data search engines
- Software security (TDT4237)
- Advanced software engineering (TDT4242)
- Empirical software engineering (DT8111)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Model based testing of satellite on-board software — An industrial use case. IEEE Aerospace Conference. Proceedings.
- (2016) Automatic translation from FBD-PLC-programs to NuSMV for model checking safety-critical control systems. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2012) CBCD: Cloned buggy code detector. Proceedings / International Conference of Software Engineering.
- (2012) Enhancing Defect Tracking Systems to Facilitate Software Quality Improvement. IEEE Software. vol. 29 (2).
- (2011) Selection of third party software in Off-The-Shelf-based software development-An interview study with industrial practitioners. Journal of Systems and Software. vol. 84 (4).
- (2010) Change profiles of a reused class framework vs. two of its applications. Information and Software Technology. vol. 52 (1).
- (2009) A case study comparing defect profiles of a reused framework and of applications reusing it. Journal of Empirical Software Engineering. vol. 14 (2).
- (2009) Development with off-the-shelf components: 10 facts. IEEE Software. vol. 26 (2).
- (2008) An empirical study on software development with open source components in the chinese software industry. Software Process: Improvement and Practice. vol. 13 (1).
- (2008) A State-of-the-Practice Study on Risk Management in Development with Off-the-Shelf Software Component. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. vol. 34 (2).
- (2008) A State-of-the-Practice Study on Communication and Coordination between Chinese Software Suppliers and Their Global Outsourcers. Software Process: Improvement and Practice. vol. 13.
- (2006) An empirical study of variations in COTS-based software development processes in the Norwegian IT industry. Journal of Empirical Software Engineering. vol. 11 (3).
- (2006) A Case Study on Improving Changeability of COTS-Based System Using Aspect-Oriented Programming. Journal of information science and engineering. vol. 22 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2010) Transition from a plan-driven process to Scrum: a longitudinal case study on software quality. Proceedings of the 2010 ACM-IEEE International Symposium on Empirical Software Engineering and Measurement.