Background and activities
I got my Master in Artificial Intelligence and Ph.D. in Software Engineering. My research focuses cover these two fields and their interactions.
One key issue I want to address is "System and Software Engineering for Smart System", i.e., how to use system and software engineering approaches to improve security, safety, and reliability of smart systems, e.g. autonomous vehicle, autonomous boat, and smart city. The relevant projects I am leading or working on for this topic include:
- Security and safety of cyber-physical systems (Supervising 1 Ph.D. student)
- Security, safety, and resilience of smart city (Supervising 1 Ph.D. student)
- Safety, autonomy, remote control and operations of industrial transport systems (Working as a researcher and collaborating with SINTEF Digital)
Another topic I am interested in is "Smart Software and System Engineering", i.e., using modern Artificial Intelligence, IoT, and Data analytic approaches to solve engineering problems. The relevant projects I am leading or working on for this topic include:
- Intelligent traffic control of autonomous vehicles (Supervising 1 Ph.D. student)
- Circular Economy, IoT, and Big Data analytics (Supervising 1 Ph.D. student and one PostDoc)
In addition, I am supervising more than 10 Master students. The research themes of my Master students include:
- Empirical software engineering (e.g. DevOps)
- System safety (e.g., safety and security analysis of autonomous cars and boats)
- Software security (e.g., Source code analysis tools to identify security vulnerabilities)
- Blockchain-based applications (e.g. blockchain for sustainability development)
- AI and data analytic related applications (e.g., intelligent traffic management and predictive maintenance)
- Software security (TDT4237)
- Advanced software engineering (TDT4242)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) A deep learning approach for anomaly detection based on SAE and LSTM in mechanical equipment. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology. vol. 103 (1-4).
- (2019) HDPS-BPSO Based Predictive Maintenance Scheduling for Backlash Error Compensation in a Machining Center. Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering. vol. 484.
- (2019) An experimental evaluation of bow-tie analysis for cybersecurity requirements. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 11387.
- (2019) An experimental evaluation of bow-tie analysis for security. Information and Computer Security.
- (2019) Intelligent Intersection Management Systems Considering Autonomous Vehicles: A Systematic Literature Review. IEEE Access. vol. 7.
- (2019) Tracking Runtime Concurrent Dependences in Java Threads Using Thread Control Profiling. Journal of Systems and Software. vol. 148.
- (2018) Could We Issue Driving Licenses to Autonomous Vehicles?. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 11094 LNCS.
- (2017) A Novel Tool for Automatic GUI Layout Testing. Asia Pacific Software Engineering Conference. Proceedings. vol. 2017-December.
- (2016) Model based testing of satellite on-board software — An industrial use case. IEEE Aerospace Conference. Proceedings.
- (2016) Automatic translation from FBD-PLC-programs to NuSMV for model checking safety-critical control systems. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2012) CBCD: Cloned buggy code detector. Proceedings / International Conference of Software Engineering.
- (2012) Enhancing Defect Tracking Systems to Facilitate Software Quality Improvement. IEEE Software. vol. 29 (2).
- (2011) Selection of third party software in Off-The-Shelf-based software development-An interview study with industrial practitioners. Journal of Systems and Software. vol. 84 (4).
- (2010) Change profiles of a reused class framework vs. two of its applications. Information and Software Technology. vol. 52 (1).
- (2009) A case study comparing defect profiles of a reused framework and of applications reusing it. Empirical Software Engineering. vol. 14 (2).
- (2009) Development with off-the-shelf components: 10 facts. IEEE Software. vol. 26 (2).
- (2008) An empirical study on software development with open source components in the chinese software industry. Software Process: Improvement and Practice. vol. 13 (1).
- (2008) Some Lessons Learned in Conducting Software Engineering Surveys in China. International Symposium on Empirical Software Engineering and Measurement.
- (2008) A State-of-the-Practice Study on Risk Management in Development with Off-the-Shelf Software Component. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. vol. 34 (2).
- (2008) A State-of-the-Practice Study on Communication and Coordination between Chinese Software Suppliers and Their Global Outsourcers. Software Process: Improvement and Practice. vol. 13.
- (2006) An empirical study of variations in COTS-based software development processes in the Norwegian IT industry. Empirical Software Engineering. vol. 11 (3).
- (2006) A Case Study on Improving Changeability of COTS-Based System Using Aspect-Oriented Programming. Journal of information science and engineering. vol. 22 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2019) Ontology-Based Semantic Search for Open Government Data. Proceedings of 13th IEEE International Conference on Semantic Computing (ICSC 2019).
- (2019) Evaluation of Open-Source IDE Plugins for Detecting Security Vulnerabilities. Proceedings of the Evaluation and Assessment on Software Engineering, EASE 2019.
- (2019) Blockchain and Sustainability: A Systematic Mapping Study. Proceedings of the 41st International Conference on Software Engineering: Companion Proceedings.
- (2019) A Data-Driven Security Game to Facilitate Information Security Education. Proceedings of the 41st International Conference on Software Engineering: Companion Proceedings.
- (2018) Empirical Studies of Methods for Safety and Security Co-analysis of Autonomous Boat. Safety and Reliability – Safe Societies in a Changing World. Proceedings of ESREL 2018, June 17-21, 2018, Trondheim, Norway.
- (2010) Transition from a plan-driven process to Scrum: a longitudinal case study on software quality. Proceedings of the 2010 ACM-IEEE International Symposium on Empirical Software Engineering and Measurement.
- (2007) A Survey on the Business Relationship between Chinese Outsourcing Software Suppliers and Their Outsourcers. Proceedings of the 14th Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference (APSEC 2007).