Background and activities
Research areas and interests
Structural reliability, risk based decision making, code calibration, probabilistic material and load modeling, special focus on timber material and structures.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Risk-based Fatigue Design Considering Inspections and Maintenance. ASCE-ASME Journal of Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering Systems. Part A: Civil Engineering. vol. 7 (1).
- (2021) Value of information of in-situ inspections of mooring lines. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Part O, Journal of risk and reliability.
- (2019) A risk-based approach for calibration of design codes. Structural Safety. vol. 78.
- (2019) Optimal and acceptable reliabilities for structural design. Structural Safety. vol. 76.
- (2019) Risk-based decision making and the calibration of structural design codes?prospects and challenges. Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems. vol. 36 (1).
- (2018) On the probabilistic representation of the wind climate for calibration of structural design standards. Structural Safety. vol. 70.
- (2018) Predictive strength of ready-mixed concrete: Exemplified using data from the Norwegian market. Structural Concrete. vol. 19 (3).
- (2018) Application of European design principles to cross laminated timber. Engineering structures. vol. 171.
- (2018) Evaluating highly insulated walls to withstand biodeterioration: A probabilistic-based methodology. Energy and Buildings. vol. 177.
- (2018) Assessment of the failure behaviour and reliability of timber connections with multiple dowel-type fasteners. Engineering structures. vol. 172.
- (2017) Calibration of simplified safety formats for structural timber design. Construction and Building Materials. vol. 152.
- (2017) A quantification of the modelling uncertainty of non-linear finite element analyses of large concrete structures. Structural Safety. vol. 64.
- (2017) Mould models applicable to wood-based materials – a generic framework. Energy Procedia. vol. 132.
- (2017) A probabilistic-based approach for predicting mould growth in timber building envelopes: Comparison of three mould models. Energy Procedia. vol. 132.
- (2017) A probabilistic-based methodology for predicting mould growth in façade constructions. Building and Environment. vol. 128.
- (2017) Mould growth criteria and design avoidance approaches in wood-based materials - A systematic review. Construction and Building Materials. vol. 150.
- (2016) Risk and reliability based calibration of design codes for submerged floating tunnels. Procedia Engineering. vol. 166.
- (2016) Reliability assessment of deteriorating reinforced concrete structures by representing the coupled effect of corrosion initiation and progression by Bayesian networks. Structural Safety. vol. 62.
- (2016) The effect of interference of corrosion pits on the failure probability of a reinforced concrete beam. Engineering structures. vol. 114.
- (2015) Probabilistic approach for modelling the load-bearing capacity of glued laminated timber. Engineering structures. vol. 100.