Background and activities
Research areas and interests
Structural reliability, risk based decision making, code calibration, probabilistic material and load modeling, special focus on timber material and structures.
- KT8310 - Risk Based Decision Making in Civil Engineering
- TKT4196 - Aspects of Structural Safety
- TBA4125 - BM4 Design of Buildings and Structures
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Analysis of fatigue test data of retrieved mooring chain links subject to pitting corrosion. Marine Structures. vol. 81.
- (2021) Risk-based Fatigue Design Considering Inspections and Maintenance. ASCE-ASME Journal of Risk and Uncertainty in Engineering Systems. Part A: Civil Engineering. vol. 7 (1).
- (2021) Value of information of in-situ inspections of mooring lines. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Part O, Journal of risk and reliability.
- (2021) Evidence on the value of information towards decision-makers. Structure and Infrastructure Engineering.
- (2021) A holistic framework for designing for structural robustness in tall timber buildings. Engineering structures. vol. 227.
- (2020) Extension of generalized bouc-wen hysteresis modeling of wood joints and structural systems. Journal of Engineering Mechanics. vol. 146 (3).
- (2019) A risk-based approach for calibration of design codes. Structural Safety. vol. 78.
- (2019) Optimal and acceptable reliabilities for structural design. Structural Safety. vol. 76.
- (2019) Risk-based decision making and the calibration of structural design codes?prospects and challenges. Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems. vol. 36 (1).
- (2018) On the probabilistic representation of the wind climate for calibration of structural design standards. Structural Safety. vol. 70.
- (2018) Predictive strength of ready-mixed concrete: Exemplified using data from the Norwegian market. Structural Concrete. vol. 19 (3).
- (2018) Application of European design principles to cross laminated timber. Engineering structures. vol. 171.
- (2018) Evaluating highly insulated walls to withstand biodeterioration: A probabilistic-based methodology. Energy and Buildings. vol. 177.
- (2018) Assessment of the failure behaviour and reliability of timber connections with multiple dowel-type fasteners. Engineering structures. vol. 172.
- (2017) Calibration of simplified safety formats for structural timber design. Construction and Building Materials. vol. 152.
- (2017) A quantification of the modelling uncertainty of non-linear finite element analyses of large concrete structures. Structural Safety. vol. 64.
- (2017) Mould models applicable to wood-based materials – a generic framework. Energy Procedia. vol. 132.
- (2017) A probabilistic-based approach for predicting mould growth in timber building envelopes: Comparison of three mould models. Energy Procedia. vol. 132.
- (2017) A probabilistic-based methodology for predicting mould growth in façade constructions. Building and Environment. vol. 128.
- (2017) Mould growth criteria and design avoidance approaches in wood-based materials - A systematic review. Construction and Building Materials. vol. 150.