Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) How intensive care patients’ family members can play a more active role. Sykepleien Forskning.
- (2019) Online risk numbers -helpful, meaningless or simply wrong? - Reflections on online risk calculators. Health.
- (2018) Psychosocial consequences among women with false-positive results after mammography screening in Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care. vol. 36 (4).
- (2017) Surge in publications on early detection. BMJ. British Medical Journal. vol. 357 (j2102).
- (2015) Women's Experiences With Mammography Screening Through Six Years of Participation— A Longitudinal Qualitative Study. Health Care for Women International. vol. 36 (5).
- (2015) Negotiating parental/familial responsibility in genetic counselling. Journal of Applied Linguistics and Professional Practice. vol. 9 (3).
- (2014) Preparing for and communicating uncertainty in cancer genetic counselling sessions in Norway: an interpretative phenomenological analysis. Health, Risk and Society. vol. 16 (4).
- (2013) We're not in it for the money - lay people's moral intuitions on commercial use of 'their' biobank. Medicine, Health care and Philosophy. vol. 16 (2).
- (2012) Risk categorisation through standard deviations - the challenge of bone density measurements: A focus group study among women attending the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT). Health, Risk and Society. vol. 14 (2).
- (2012) Pregnancy and substance use - the Norwegian § 10-3 solution : ethical and clinical reflections related to incarceration of pregnant women to protect the foetus from harmful substances. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. vol. 29 (2).
- (2012) Could screening participation bias symptom interpretation? An interview study on women's interpretations of and responses to cancer symptoms between mammography screening rounds. BMJ Open. vol. 2 (6).
- (2012) Mammography screening and trust: The case of interval breast cancer. Social Science and Medicine. vol. 75 (10).
- (2011) From brittle bones to standard deviations: The historical development of osteoporosis in the late twentieth century. Science, Technology and Human Values. vol. 36 (4).
- (2011) Experiences of Recall After Mammography Screening-A Qualitative Study. Health Care for Women International. vol. 32 (11).
- (2010) Risikoepidemien - to tiår etter. Michael Quarterly. vol. 7.
- (2008) Brittle bones, pain and fractures - Lay constructions of osteoporosis among Norwegian women attending the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study (HUNT). Social Science and Medicine. vol. 66.
- (2008) Challenges of informed choice in organised screening. Journal of Medical Ethics. vol. 34 (9).
- (2007) Focus Groups in a Medicine-Dominated Field: Compromises or Quality Improvements?. International Journal of Qualitative Methods. vol. 6 (3).
- (2005) Not worth the paper it's written on? Informed consent and biobank research in a Norwegian context. Critical Public Health. vol. 15 (4).
- (2003) Etiske utfordringer ved innføring av ny medisinsk teknologi. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 123 (4).