Jolene Van der Kaap-Deeder
Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2021) Parenting and Child Personality as Modifiers of the Psychosocial Development of Youth with Cerebral Palsy. Child Psychiatry and Human Development.
- (2020) Psychologically Controlling Parenting during Toddlerhood: The Role of Mothers’ Perceived Parenting History and Emotion Regulation Style. Journal of Child and Family Studies. vol. 29.
- (2020) Negative Controlling Parenting and Child Personality as Modifiers of Psychosocial Development in Youth with Autism Spectrum Disorder: A 9-Year Longitudinal Study at the Level of Within-Person Change. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders.
- (2020) Nurses’ interaction styles when supporting patients in self-management: A profile approach. International Journal of Nursing Studies. vol. 110.
- (2020) Emotion regulation and borderline personality features: The mediating role of basic psychological need frustration. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 168.
- (2020) Towards a detailed understanding of preschool children’s memory-related functioning and emotion regulation: The role of parents’ observed reminiscence style, memory valence, and parental gender. Developmental Psychology. vol. 56 (9).
- (2020) Live well and die with inner peace: The importance of retrospective need-based experiences, ego integrity and despair for late adults’ death attitudes. Archives of gerontology and geriatrics (Print). vol. 91.
- (2019) Need-supportive parenting fosters psychosocial development in youth with and without autism spectrum disorder, cerebral palsy and down syndrome: A cross-disability comparison. Advances in Neurodevelopmental Disorders. vol. 3.
- (2019) The internalization of rules within prison: The role of correctional officers’ autonomy-supportive versus controlling communication style. Motivation and Emotion. vol. 43.
- (2019) De ene dag is de andere niet: Een dynamische kijk op autonomieondersteunend opvoeden. [One day is not the other: A dynamic view on autonomy-supportive parenting]. Kind & Adolescent. vol. 40.
- (2019) From daily need experiences to autonomy-supportive and psychologically controlling parenting via psychological availability and stress. Parenting, science and practice. vol. 19.
- (2019) The role of weekly need-based experiences and self-criticism in predicting weekly academic (mal)adjustment. Learning and Individual Differences. vol. 69.
- (2019) The role of competence-related attentional bias and resilience in restoring thwarted feelings of competence. Motivation and Emotion. vol. 44.
- (2018) Day-to-day variation in autonomy-supportive and psychologically controlling parenting: The role of parents’ daily experiences of need satisfaction and need frustration. Parenting, science and practice. vol. 18.
- (2018) The role of child personality in effects of psychologically controlling parenting: An examination at the level of daily fluctuations. European Journal of Personality. vol. 32.
- (2018) Are the benefits of autonomy satisfaction and the costs of autonomy frustration dependent on individuals’ autonomy strength?. Journal of Personality. vol. 86.
- (2018) The development and validation of an implicit measure of competence need satisfaction. Motivation and Emotion. vol. 42.
- (2017) Choosing when choices are limited: The role of perceived afforded choice and autonomy in prisoners’ well-being. Law and Human Behavior. vol. 41.
- (2017) Antecedents of provided autonomy support and psychological control within close friendships: The role of evaluative concerns perfectionism and basic psychological needs. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 108.
- (2017) Children’s daily well-being: The role of mothers’, teachers’, and siblings’ autonomy support and psychological control. Developmental Psychology. vol. 53.
- (2016) The impeding role of self-critical perfectionism on therapeutic alliance during treatment and eating disorder symptoms at follow-up in patients with an eating disorder. Psychologica Belgica. vol. 56.
- (2016) Evaluative concerns perfectionism and coping with failure: Effects on rumination, avoidance, and acceptance. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 101.
- (2016) On the integration of need-related autobiographical memories among late adolescents and late adults: The role of depressive symptoms and self-congruence. European Journal of Personality. vol. 30.
- (2016) The pursuit of self-esteem and its motivational implications. Psychologica Belgica. vol. 56.
- (2015) Examining the role of psychological need satisfaction in sleep: A Self-Determination Theory perspective. Personality and Individual Differences. vol. 77.
- (2015) Basic psychological need satisfaction, need frustration, and need strength across four cultures. Motivation and Emotion. vol. 39.
- (2015) Zelfwaarde op losse schroeven: Gevolgen en wortels van voorwaardelijke zelfwaarde. [Fragile self-esteem: Consequences and roots of contingent self-esteem]. Caleidoscoop. vol. 27.
- (2015) Autonomy-supportive parenting and autonomy-supportive sibling interactions: The role of mothers’ and siblings’ psychological need satisfaction. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin. vol. 41.
- (2014) Self-critical perfectionism and binge eating symptoms: A longitudinal test of the intervening role of psychological need frustration. Journal of Counseling Psychology. vol. 61.
- (2014) Fostering self-endorsed motivation to change in patients with an eating disorder: The role of perceived autonomy support and psychological need satisfaction. International Journal of Eating Disorders. vol. 47.
- (2014) ‘Moetivatie’ of motivatie? Over de vitamines voor therapietrouw, duurzame gedragsverandering en groei. [‘Mustivation’ or motivation? About the vitamines for therapy compliance, sustainable behavioral change and growth]. Signaal. vol. 89.