Background and activities
- Professor in Petroleum Engineering, NTNU 1981-
- Center Director SFI IO, 2007-2015
- Department Head ca 20 yrs
- Dean of Earth Sciences 1990-96
- Visiting Professor, Stanford University, 1988-89
- Visiting Researcher, Elf, 1996-97
- Research Manager, Saudi Arabia, 1978-81
- Research Manager, IKU, 1974-78
- Ph.D. Petroleum Engineering, Texas A&M, 1974
- M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, SDSMT, 1971
- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, SDSMT, 1970
- Oilman of the Year 2014 (SPE Norway)
- Regional Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty 2015
- NTNU's Internationalization Award 2015
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Simulation study of surfactant injection in a fractured core. Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology. vol. 9 (4).
- (2019) EOS Model and Black-Oil PVT Table Generation for a Tanzanian Reservoir. International Journal of Applied Science and Technology. vol. 9 (2).
- (2018) Significance of Geochemistry in Single-Well Chemical-Tracer Tests by Coupling a Multiphase-Flow Simulator to the Geochemical Package. SPE Journal. vol. 23 (04).
- (2018) Surface-charge alteration at the carbonate/brine interface during single-well chemical-tracer tests: Surface-complexation model. SPE Journal. vol. 23 (6).
- (2017) A comprehensive framework for the theoretical assessment of the single-well-chemical-tracer tests. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 159.
- (2017) Evaluation of surfactant flooding using interwell tracer analysis. Journal of Petroleum Exploration and Production Technology. vol. 7 (3).
- (2017) Mechanistic Modeling of Alkaline/Surfactant/Polymer Flooding for Snorre Field from Core-scale to Larger Scale of One-Spot Pilot. International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology. vol. 46 (6).
- (2017) Scaled Experimental and Simulation Study of Segregation in Water-Above-Gas Injection. SPE Reservoir Evaluation and Engineering.
- (2014) Production optimization using derivative free methods applied to Brugge field case. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 114.
- (2013) Experimental Study of Miscible Hot WAG Injection in Heavy Oil and Slightly Heavy Oil Reservoirs. International Journal of Petroleum Science and Technology. vol. 7 (3).
- (2013) Investigating Impact of Flow Rate and Wettability on Residual Trapping in CO2 Storage in Brine through Relative Permeability Experiments. Energy and Environment Research. vol. 3 (2).
- (2012) Joint Optimization of Oil Well Placement and Controls. Computational Geosciences. vol. 16 (4).
- (2012) Analytical Model for Zones Distributions in Non-Horizontal Miscible WAG Injection. Energy and Environment Research. vol. 2 (2).
- (2010) A derivative-free approach for the estimation of porosity and permeability using time-lapse seismic and production data. Journal of Geophysics and Engineering. vol. 7 (4).
- (2009) Porosity and permeability estimation by integration of production and time-lapse near and far offset seismic data. Journal of Geophysics and Engineering. vol. 6 (4).
- (2008) A Survey of North Sea Enhanced-Oil-Recovery Projects Initiated During the Years 1975 to 2005. SPE Reservoir Evaluation and Engineering. vol. 11 (3).
- (2008) Nonlinear inversion for estimating reservoir parameters from time-lapse seismic data. Journal of Geophysics and Engineering. vol. 5.
- (2001) Introducing Up-Scaling Techniques in Fractured Reservoir Simulation. Nordic petroleum technology series.
- (2000) Introducing Up-Scaling Techniques in Fractured Reservoir Simulation. Nordic Petroleum Series.
- (1992) Discussion of analytical and numerical solution of waterflooding in fractured reservoirs with empirical transfer function. SPE Reservoir Engineering.