Background and activities
Teaching: Microeconomics, Research methods, Fishery Economics
Research area: Bioeconomics, Natural Resource Economics, Environmental Economics, Microeconomics
-Work in progress (accepted and under review):
Livestock and Carnivores: Economic and ecological interactions (with Anne Borge Johannesen and Anders Skonhoft)
Real estate values- Is there an energy performance price premium? (with Are Oust and Jan Tore Solstad)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Energy performance certificates - Informing the informed or the indifferent?. Energy Policy. vol. 111.
- (2017) On the tragedy of the commons: When predation and livestock loss may improve the economic lot of herders. Ambio. vol. 46 (6).
- (2016) Catch-and-release and angler utility: evidence from an Atlantic salmon recreational fishery. Fisheries Management and Ecology. vol. 23 (3).
- (2015) Conservation versus harvest of wild Atlantic salmon. The cost of sea lice induced mortality. Fisheries Research. vol. 168.
- (2014) Fishy fish? The economic impacts of escaped farmed fish. Aquaculture Economics & Management. vol. 18 (3).
- (2014) Adaptive harvest strategies in the case of invasive speciesinduced mortality. TemaNord. vol. 2014 (547).
- (2013) Skilsmisse: En matematisk umulighet! Om Nobelprisen i økonomi for teorier og anvendelser innen matching. Samfunnsøkonomen. vol. 27 (1).
- (2013) Balancing income and cost in red deer management. Journal of Environmental Management. vol. 115.
- (2012) A bioeconomic model of trophy hunting. Ecological Economics. vol. 73.
- (2012) Red deer hunting - commercializing versus availability. European Journal of Wildlife Research. vol. 58 (3).
- (2011) Wild and farmed salmon in Norway—A review. Marine Policy. vol. 35 (3).
- (2011) On the willingness-to-pay for recreational fishing-escaped farmed versus wild atlantic salmon. Aquaculture Economics & Management. vol. 15 (4).
- (2011) A cost-benefit analysis of moose harvesting in Scandinavia. A stage structured modelling approach. Resource and Energy Economics. vol. 33 (3).
- (2009) Environmental analysis of the Norwegian fishery and aquaculture industry - a preliminary study focusing on farmed salmon. Marine Policy. vol. 33 (3).
- (2009) Bandwagon or Snob Anglers? Evidence from Atlantic Salmon Recreational Fishing. Marine Resource Economics. vol. 24 (4).
- (2008) A Bioeconomic Analysis of a Wild Atlantic Salmon (Salmo salar) Recreational Fishery. Marine Resource Economics. vol. 23 (3).
- (2008) On The Economics of Biological Invasion: An Application to Recreational Fishing. Natural Resource Modeling. vol. 21 (4).
- (2007) Playing chicken with salmon. Marine Resource Economics. vol. 22.
- (2005) Managing a migratory species that is both a value and a pest. Land Economics. vol. 81.
- (2002) Naturresursutnyttelse ved asymmetrisk nytte og kostnad. Elgforvaltning i Norge. Norsk Økonomisk Tidsskrift. vol. 117 (2).