Background and activities
I am working as an Associate Professor in heritage studies at the Department of Historical Studies. My current research focus on memories of slavery/slave trade and colonialism in West-Africa and Scandinavia. I am teaching several courses in cultural heritage studies at the BA and MA levels. Also, i teach AFR2850, the modern history of Africa.
- African history and heritage
- The transatlantic slave trade
- Vest-Africa/Ghanaian history
- History and memory of the slave trade in Norway
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Sukkerhuset i Trondheim: Historia og minnet om industrietablering og transatlantisk slavehandel. Fabrik & Bolig.
- (2015) Digital archives and Ghanaian history: Potential and challenges. Contemporary Journal of African Studies. vol. 3 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2017) Recreating Pre-colonial Forts and Castles: Heritage Policies and Restoration Practices in the Gold Coast/Ghana, 1945 to 1970s. Shadows of Empire: New Perspectives on European Fortifications in West Africa.
- (2013) The Volta River Project and Decolonization, 1945-57: The Rise and Fall of an Integrated Aluminum Project. Aluminum Ore: The Political Economy of the Global Bauxite Industry.
- (2013) Development and Decolonisation: The Gold Coast (Ghana), 1940-1957. 2013. ISBN 978-82-471-4648-4.