Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) A Century of Conservation: The Ongoing Recovery of Svalbard Reindeer. Journal of Wildlife Management. vol. 83 (8).
- (2019) First pre-modern record of the gyrfalcon (Falco rusticolus) in north-east Greenland. Polar Research. vol. 38.
- (2019) From mountains to towns: DNA from ancient reindeer antlers as proxy for domestic procurement networks in medieval Norway. Journal of Archaeological Science: Reports. vol. 26.
- (2019) "The bear Cave of Velfjord" - an archaeological and faunal historical survey. Vitark: Acta archaeologica Nidrosiensia. vol. 11.
- (2016) Faunal finds from alpine ice – natural or archaeological depositions?. Journal of Glacial Archaeology. vol. 3.
- (2016) Perennial ice and snow-covered land as important ecosystems for birds and mammals. Journal of Biogeography. vol. 43 (1).
- (2014) Rapid localization of bone fragments on surfaces using back-projection and hyperspectral imaging. Journal of Forensic Sciences. vol. 59 (2).
- (2014) Stable isotope analysis and variation in Medieval domestic pig husbandry practices in northwest Europe: absence of evidence for a purely herbivorous diet. Journal of Archaeological Science. vol. 49 (1).
- (2014) Long-term morphological changes in the skeleton of red deer (Artiodactyla, Cervidae) at its northern periphery. Journal of Mammalogy. vol. 95 (3).
- (2014) Ancient DNA reveals prehistoric habitat fragmentation and recent domestic introgression into native wild reindeer. Conservation Genetics. vol. 15 (5).
- (2013) Non-indigenous introgression into the Norwegian red deer population. Conservation Genetics. vol. 14 (1).
- (2013) Cervids in a dynamic northern landscape: Holocene changes in the relative abundance of moose and red deer at the limits of their distributions. The Holocene. vol. 23 (8).
- (2012) Reconstructing the history of a fragmented and heavily exploited red deer population using ancient and contemporary DNA. BMC Evolutionary Biology. vol. 12 (191).
- (2010) A preboreal elk (Alces alces L., 1758) antler from south-eastern Norway. Fauna Norvegica. vol. 30.
- (2010) The rise and fall of wild boar in a northern environment: Evidence from stable isotopes and subfossil finds. The Holocene. vol. 20 (7).
Part of book/report
- (2018) Fra steinaldertiur til hvileløs rein – på skattejakt i et smeltende økosystem. DKNVS Årbok 2009.
- (2017) An Early Holocene Bearded Seal from the Trondheimsfjord: Environmental and Archaeological Implications. The Ecology of Early Settlement in Northern Europe. Conditions for Subsistence and Survival. The Early Settlement of Northern Europe, Volume 1.
- (2015) Fjellets kulturlandskapshistorie. Fjellets kulturlandskap. Arealbruk og landskap gjennom flere tusen år.
- (2012) Om vårt hjortevilt og om villsvin. Klauvvilt i norsk natur - historie, biologi og forvaltning.
- (2012) Artenes historie i Norge - bestandsutvikling, genetikk og forvaltning. Klauvvilt i norsk natur - historie, biologi og forvaltning.