Background and activities
Mental health nurse, Master degree in Helath Science, NTNU (2009), PhD in Health Science, NTNU (2018). I have clinical experience from different pychiatric hospital wards, and is particularly interested in how to provide good mental health care to people who have attempted suicide and/or who contemplate suicide.
Suicide, suicidality, suicide prevention
Various topics related to mental health and mental health care
Postdoc project: "Treatment and care of patient in suicide risk - field study in psychiatric acute ward". The purpose of the study is to develop new perspectives related to health workers care of suicidal patients in psychiatric acute ward. The focus is on the interactions between health workers and patients.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Meaning-making: an underestimated resource for health? : A discussion of the value of meaning-making in the conservation and restoration of health and well-being. Encyclopaideia. Journal of phenomenology and education.
- (2020) “ … I felt completely stranded”: Liminality and recognition of personhood in the experiences of suicidal women admitted to psychiatric hospital. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. vol. 15 (1).
- (2018) Bedre omsorg, færre selvmord?. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 138 (3).
- (2018) Former suicidal inpatients' experiences of treatment and care in psychiatric wards in Norway. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. vol. 13:1461514 (1).
- (2017) Connecting with suicidal patients in psychiatric wards: Therapist challenges. Death Studies. vol. 41 (6).
- (2017) Relational Principles in the Care of Suicidal Inpatients: Experiences of Therapists and Mental Health Nurses. Issues in Mental Health Nursing. vol. 38 (2).
- (2016) Mental health nurses' experiences of caring for suicidal patients in psychiatric wards: an emotional endeavor. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing. vol. 31 (1).
- (2018) Care and control - Exploring experiences and perceptions of treatment and care of suicidal inpatients in psychiatric wards. PhD thesis. 2018. ISBN 978-82-326-2893-3.
- (2009) Erfaringer knyttet til akuttpsykiatrisk behandling etter selvmordsforsøk eller alvorlige selvmordstanker - en kvalitativ studie. Masteroppgave i helsevitenskap. 2009.