Background and activities
- BI3911 - Master thesis in MSAQUAH Health Management in Aquaculture
- BT3210 - Recirculating Aquaculture Systems RAS
- BT6010 - Recirculating Aquaculture Systems - RAS
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Changes in rearing water microbiomes in RAS induced by membrane filtration alters the hindgut microbiomes of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) parr. Aquaculture. vol. 548 (2).
- (2022) Gene expression patterns in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) with severe nephrocalcinosis. Journal of Fish Diseases.
- (2022) Physiological changes observed in farmed Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) with nephrocalcinosis. Aquaculture. vol. 554.
- (2021) UV treatment in RAS influences the rearing water microbiota and reduces the survival of European lobster larvae (Homarus gammarus). Aquacultural Engineering. vol. 94.
- (2021) Microbial community dynamics in a commercial RAS for production of Atlantic salmon fry (Salmo salar). Aquaculture. vol. 546.
- (2021) A comparison of two seawater adaptation strategies for Atlantic salmon post-smolt (Salmo salar) grown in recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS): Nitrification, water and gut microbiota, and performance of fish. Aquaculture. vol. 532.
- (2020) Effects of reduced organic matter loading through membrane filtration on the microbial community dynamics in recirculating aquaculture systems (RAS) with Atlantic salmon parr (Salmo salar). Aquaculture. vol. 524.
- (2020) Production of lumpfish (Cyclopterus lumpus L.) in RAS with distinct water treatments: Effects on fish survival, growth, gill health and microbial communities in rearing water and biofilm. Aquaculture. vol. 522.
- (2020) Bacterial community assembly in Atlantic cod larvae (Gadus morhua): Contributions of ecological processes and metacommunity structure. FEMS Microbiology Ecology. vol. 96 (9).
- (2018) Managing the microbial community of marine fish larvae: a holistic perspective for larviculture. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9.
- (2018) K-selection as microbial community management strategy: A method for improved viability of larvae in aquaculture. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9.
- (2018) Rearing water treatment induces microbial selection influencing the microbiota and pathogen associated transcripts of Cod (Gadus morhua) Larvae. Frontiers in Microbiology. vol. 9 (MAY).
- (2016) Microbial maturation of intake water at different carrying capacities affects microbial control in rearing tanks for marine fish larvae. Aquaculture. vol. 457.
- (2016) Microbial community dynamics in semi-commercial RAS for production of Atlantic salmon post-smolts at different salinities. Aquacultural Engineering. vol. 78.
- (2015) Gene regulation of lipid and phospholipid metabolism in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) larvae. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology - Part B: Biochemistry & Molecular Biology. vol. 190.
- (2015) Effect of cultivated copepods (Acartia tonsa) in first-feeding of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) and ballan wrasse (Labrus bergylta) larvae. Aquaculture Nutrition. vol. 23 (1).
- (2014) RAS and microbial maturation as tools for K-selection of microbial communities improve survival in cod larvae. Aquaculture. vol. 432.
- (2014) Effects of membrane filtration on bacterial number and microbial diversity in marine recirculating aquaculture system (RAS) for Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua L.) production. Aquaculture. vol. 422-423.
- (2013) Insight into bacterial population in aquaculture systems and its implication. Aquacultural Engineering. vol. 53.
- (2013) Gene regulation of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) larvae with focus on lipid digestion and phospholipid metabolism. Communications in agricultural and applied biological sciences. vol. 78 (4).