Background and activities
Follow-up after premature birth/low birth weight: Mortality, heart vessels disease, mental illness. Epidemiological studies/register based studies.
H2020 Research on European Children and Adults born preterm https://recap-preterm.eu/about-recap-preterm/project-summary/
Asthma: Virus infections as the cause of the development of asthma and allergy. Antibiotic use and asthma. Prevention of asthma. CAIR group NTNU.http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/01/110127090152.htm
Global health: the improvement of health systems in low resource settings. Triage and emergency medicine, child health. DHECARE study Dhulikhel Hospital, Dhulikhel Nepal.http://forskning.no/2015/03/laget-trafikklys-akutten
Rehabilitation in pediatric brain injury; https://stolav.no/forskning/hjernetrening
Thesis (phd, NTNU, 20011)Birth size and adult mortality: A systematic review and a long-term follow-up of nearly 40 000 individuals born at St Olav University Hospital in Trondheim from 1920 to 1960http://forskning.no/medisin-svangerskap-sykdommer/2011/06/fodselsvekt-far-folger
Clinical medicine Neonatal care, pediatric intensive care medicine, Pediatric pulmonology and asthma/allergies in children
Director of Clinical reserach Unit Central Norway (NTNU and St Olav Hospital). https://stolav.no/avdelinger/sentral-stab/forskningsavdelingen/klinisk-forskningsenhet-midt-norge
Board Member Nepalimed Norway from 2015.http://nepalimednorway.no/
Board member physicians in Scientific Positions, The Norwegian Medical Association from 2015.
Researcher at Yale University, New Haven ,United States 2009-10 http://www.yale.edu/cppee/
Research leadership course Copenhagen Business School 2015.NTNU leadership course 2014
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Association of Preterm Birth With Prescription of Psychotropic Drugs in Adolescence and Young Adulthood. JAMA Network Open. vol. 4 (3).
- (2021) Gestational Age, Parent Education, and Education in Adulthood. Pediatrics.
- (2021) Rehabilitation of executive function in chronic paediatric brain injury: a randomized controlled trial. BMC Medicine. vol. 19 (1).
- (2021) Mapping the human genetic architecture of COVID-19. Nature.
- (2021) Fatigue Following Pediatric Acquired Brain Injury: Interplay With Associated Factors in a Clinical Trial Population Compared to Healthy Controls. Neuropsychology. vol. 35 (6).
- (2021) Gestational age and cancer risk up to young adulthood in Swedish population born 1974 to 2013: A population-based cohort study. International Journal of Cancer.
- (2021) Mortality among young adults born preterm and early term in 4 Nordic nations. JAMA Network Open. vol. 4:e2032779 (1).
- (2021) Parechovirus A in Hospitalized Children With Respiratory Tract Infections: A 10-Year-Long Study From Norway. Journal of the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society.
- (2020) Pediatric Patients in a Local Nepali Emergency Department: Presenting Complaints, Triage and Post-Discharge Mortality. Global Pediatric Health. vol. 7.
- (2020) Gestational age and the risk of autism spectrum disorder in Sweden, Finland, and Norway: A cohort study. PLoS Medicine. vol. Sep.
- (2019) Presenting complaints and mortality in a cohort of 22 000 adult emergency patients at a local hospital in Nepal. Journal of Global Health. vol. 9 (2).
- (2019) Paediatric goal management training in patients with acquired brain injury: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open. vol. 9:e029273 (8).
- (2018) Impact of 2015 Earthquakes on a local hospital in Nepal: A Prospective Hospital-based Study. PLOS ONE. vol. 13 (2).
- (2017) Comparing human metapneumovirus and respiratory syncytial virus: Viral codetections, genotypes and risk factors for severe disease. PLOS ONE. vol. 12:0170200 (1).
- (2017) The Burden of Human Metapneumovirus and Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infections in Hospitalized Norwegian Children. Journal of Infectious Diseases. vol. 216 (1).
- (2017) Associations of maternal vitamin B12 concentration in pregnancy with the risks of preterm birth and low birth weight: a systematic review and meta-analysis of individual participant data. American Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 185 (3).
- (2016) Non-communicable diseases at a regional hospital in Nepal: Findings of a high burden of alcohol-related disease. Alcohol. vol. 57.
- (2016) Inotropic Therapy in Newborns, A Population-Based National Registry Study. Pediatric Critical Care Medicine. vol. 17 (10).
- (2016) Premature adult death in individuals born preterm: A sibling comparison in a prospective nationwide follow-up study. PLOS ONE. vol. 11 (11).
- (2015) Folic acid supplementation in early pregnancy and the risk of preeclampsia, small for gestational age offspring and preterm delivery. European Journal of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Biology. vol. 195.