Background and activities
My research focuses on public opinion in former conflict areas. How do people's political attitudes and behavior influence the transition from violent conflict to peaceful democracy? I am particularly interested in people's support for political institutions and peace-building mechanisms, as well as the consequences of political violence on people's attitudes.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Between punishment and impunity: Public support for reactions against perpetrators in Guatemala, Nepal and Northern Ireland. International Journal of Transitional Justice. vol. 13 (1).
- (2019) PTSD as a consequence of past conflict experience, recent exposure to violence and economic marginalization in post-conflict contexts: A study from Nepal, Guatemala and Northern Ireland. International Journal of Social Psychiatry.
- (2018) Combining survey data, GIS and qualitative interviews in the analysis of health service access for persons with disabilities. BMC International Health and Human Rights. vol. 18 (26).
- (2017) Explaining variations in general practitioners’ experiences of doing medically based assessments of work ability in disability benefit claims. A survey-based analysis. Cogent Medicine. vol. 4.
- (2017) Factors related to environmental barriers experienced by persons with and without disabilities in diverse African settings. PLoS ONE. vol. 12 (10).
- (2016) Sick of waiting: Does waiting for elective treatment cause sickness absence?. Health Policy. vol. 120 (12).
- (2015) Ethnonationalism in post-war Bosnia-Herzegovina and Kosovo The effects of local violence and ethnic composition. International Area Studies Review. vol. 18 (1).
- (2015) Perceived barriers for accessing health services among individuals with disability in four African countries. PLoS ONE. vol. 10:e0125915 (5).
- (2013) Does civil war breed authoritarian values? An empirical study of Bosnia-Herzegovina, Kosovo and Croatia. Democratization. vol. 20 (7).
- (2012) After ethnic civil war: Ethno-nationalism in the Western Balkans. Journal of Peace Research. vol. 49 (6).
- (2011) Microfoundations of Civil Conflict Reconciliation: Ethnicity and Context. International Interactions. vol. 37 (4).
Part of book/report
- (2017) Institutional Trust in the Yugoslav Successor States: A Comparative Approach. Building Democracy in the Yugoslav Successor States, Accomplishments, Setbacks, Challenges since 1990.
- (2015) Political support in Kosovo. CIVIC AND UNCIVIC VALUES IN KOSOVO History, Politics, and Value Transformation.
- (2013) Citizens' Confidence in European Parliaments: Institutions and Issues. Party Governance and Party Democracy.
- (2018) Transitional Justice: What Do the People Want? Views from the ground in Guatemala, Nepal, and Northern Ireland. 2018. ISBN 978-82-7288-931-8. Conflict Trends (11).
- (2016) Public Support for Peace Agreements: The Cases of Guatemala, Nepal, and Northern Ireland. 2016. ISBN 978-82-7288-759-8. Conflict Trends (5).
- (2016) Evaluering av bedriftshelsetjenesten. 2016. ISBN 9788214060485. SINTEF Rapport (A27819).
- (2016) Omgjøring av vedtak i NAV og Trygderetten. 2016. ISBN 9788214060386. SINTEF Rapport (A27675).
- (2015) Sykefravær og ventetider i spesialisthelsetjenesten. 2015. ISBN 978821405955-7. SINTEF Rapport (A26948).
- (2015) Evaluering av Oslo kommnes kriteriesystem. 2015. ISBN 9788214059786. SINTEF Rapport (A27210).